Original topic:

screenshot loaction in files

(Topic created on: 02-16-2020 01:31 AM)
siddharth1608
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Samsung is my favourite brand and this is my fourth samsung device. It is very disheartening for me when i came to know that screenshots are being saved in DCIM folder. 
Appart from screen shots many other things are saved in DCIM.

When i upload my camera photos on the drive, it is very annoying to see screenshots there.

Please fix the issue.
0 Likes
7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
open files then click DCIM...there are 2 options .camera and screenshots....so it's normal..
because screenshots are saved in gallery only
0 Likes
siddharth1608
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
i didn't understand what you have written ... please elaborate
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
when you are entering file manager..then searching DCIM,,and if you click on that DCIM section..then you will clearly notified that 2 option is there....one is camera another one is screenshot...so I told that this phenomena is normal for each and every Samsung device after pie update or android 10 update...because simply screenshot allaways save inside gallery only...so it's normal for all...if you want to upload camera photos only then just go to file section..click on DCIM..then chose photography from camera section
0 Likes
vk0952
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
bro when u upload picture just click on top left u got all option gallery n file manger so can easily find screen shot in gallary
0 Likes
siddharth1608
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
@interchupipi @vk0952

i am sorry if i was not able to mention my the situation properly.

My issue is that google photos considers DCIM as one single folder and does not differentiate anything that is inside it, being it screenshots or whatever.
So the problem is that google photos uploads screenshots along with camera photos.
This is something which i don't want!
Do you want your screenshots mixed up with camera photos?

that is why i was asking if samsung could fix it so this does not happen.

"Please mark screenshot saving location out of DCIM."
0 Likes
siddharth1608
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
this is all what i am asking from the developers
0 Likes
siddharth1608
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
this happens only in samsung
0 Likes