Original topic:

option to reverse the software update

(Topic created on: 01-23-2020 12:01 AM)
Techsavy
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
Everyone wants to get new feature or resolution for the ongoing issues in the future software update. Though the samsung team try their best to live up to user's expectation, sometime the software update instead of resolving the issue and making the experience better, it does the opposite. 

Some users like me who was okay if not happy using the previous software update and have updated the software in hope to get better experience, should be provided with an option to reverse or undo the recent update and be happy with previous update. It will be great if such feature is included .

Again I request samsung team to provide an option to reverse the software update (whenever and whatever possible ). Thanks in advance
16 Comments
RvSingh007
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
reversing is not possible i think.
because old files must be removed to save space for new one.
I'm talking about critical system files here.
anandmsk
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Reversing an update may not be made possible even in the future but one can try 'Factory data reset' to use previous version of Android.
0 Likes
Techsavy
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I don't think with factory data reset, one can go back to previous version
RvSingh007
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Right.
0 Likes
Techsavy
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I agree with you. but there can be option to uninstall update in some app like camera.

what I want not complete reversal but some features which I don't like, I should have an option to use previous one. for example I should get an option to uninstall update for camera app and be able to use the previous functionality.
anandmsk
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
It would be really good if Samsung could do that. Maybe we should wait for quite sometime for that to happen.
RvSingh007
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
some system apps can't be uninstalled or going back to previous version because of critical bugs and to provide some new features they must have update those apps for next update.
Techsavy
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
yes true. but whereever possible (without affecting system stability and not compromising security) such option would give greater choice at hand.
RvSingh007
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
yeah, i like this option.
but this option is so rare.