Highlighted
Beginner Level 5

i have updated my samsung galaxy a50 2 days before and after updating im facing the fingerprint sensor problem i couldnt add any of my fingerprints getting a command saying fingerprint sensor calibration is needed its obviously not the hardware problem but its a software problem and i couldnt concact with the samsung customer service due toh the curfew going on in our country 

6 Comments
Highlighted
Active Level 1
remove any screen protector glass if you're using and try again.
Highlighted
Active Level 1
same problem on galaxy A50s. its not a screen protector problem
Highlighted
Active Level 4
wait for next update
Highlighted
Active Level 3

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow below mentioned steps to improve finger print issue in your device:

1) If you are using a screen guard/protective film/tempered glass on the phone, Kindly disable fingerprint settings and then remove the screen guard.

2) Register a new fingerprint: Settings > Bio-metric and security > Fingerprints > Continue > Set secure screen lock > Register your fingerprint > Tap Done when finished registering.

Note: Check fingerprint recognition area at the bottom center of screen and your finger is dry and clean. Make sure you are using most curved part or highest central part of fingerprint sensor to register properly.

If issue still persist, kindly send us log file through error report section from Samsung Member within 15 minutes of issue occur, this will help us to assist you better. (Samsung member > Get help > Send feedback > Error report > Select the issue).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Highlighted
Active Level 1
when trying to reach the fingerprint settings, the message pops up .
please fix this
Highlighted
Beginner Level 2
Dear Samsung,
please stop providing generic information, it's clear that this issue arise only after device updates to android 10.
it's been too long , when your going to release fix for this issue.

Thanks