Original topic:

android 10 core update for a50???

(Topic created on: 12-13-2019 06:30 PM)
talk2venky
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
I'm wondering if we can get android 10 core update first on A50 and then one ui 2.o in April??? Is it possible??
17 Comments
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
No. Core version is just for M SERIES. Kindly wait for stable One UI for your phone.
A50Admin
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
You sure?
can you verify your comment?
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
yes I'm sure. Have you seen CORE version in any other phone? If yes, then lemme know.
A50Admin
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
According to your answer I haven't seen Android 10 in many phones also. So, that doesn't mean they won't get Android 10.
Because we have something in official for that by Samsung.
I asked do you have something in official to support your comment?
This doesn't verifies it.✌
Or Your words are official enough and directly coming from Samsung Authorities.
If no, then let me know?🙂
0 Likes
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
See this link hope this will answer your question
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-m-series-application-and-features-support/

And as for the development process I'm talking about, I'm a developer too(not a Samsung one ofcourse) and I know how much trouble it is to make a Firmware. Also, do you know about XDA and custom ROMs, ask any developer there about how hard it is to develop a ROM.

PS: I haven't any relation with Samsung nor I'm any official authority. Trust the official update schedule given in the notice section.
0 Likes
A50Admin
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Do M series user had a Android Pie core?
or just android pie?
FYI, Its just like a beta version for these models so One ui 2.0 can be tested on low end devices and can be altered according to them so that a stable release could take place for other A and M series.
M30s won't be getting core version as per its spec list.
The link you provided only works for M10, M20 and M30 not for the rest of the M series.
That was the whole point of this.
Core is for low end devices even A10 might get it.

and Samsung have a whole city of employees in the samsung smart city with more than 3 lakh employees.
They are no where near lacking for employees or developers to work on fully fledged UI.
Hope you get my POINT.
Other manufacturers with way too less developers are able to provide that UI but Samsung is launching numerous phones to overshadow competitors and even themselves and forgetting about the value they should provide to the previously launched devices and their users.

PS. What phone are you using?
0 Likes
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
wow you got so many questions in 1 comment 😅 let me answer them 1 by 1.
1. yes m series had android pie core before.

2. can't say anything about m30s as I haven't seen it's software yet. but afaik, it also have core OneUI.

3. The list you saw in the link was outdated and last updated on feb 2019, I provided that link just to give you an idea about Core version and why there is a core version and how it differs.

4. About Samsung employees I can't comment on them, they work what their higher authorities tell them to do. There's a hierarchy in every organization/company so they(employees) can't work on their own.

I'm using m20. If you still have any questions/doubts you can ask me, I'll try my best to answer them as per my knowledge 😉🙂
0 Likes
A50Admin
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
No thank you
My doubts are clear.
you are a nice person
keep it up.
All the best. buddy
ajith0544
Active Level 8
Galaxy A