Original topic:

Will Samsung A33, A53 & A73 get AOD through OTA anytime soon?

(Topic created on: 11-29-2022 11:02 PM)
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, is there a reason why AOD is not supported on the latest A series (a33, A53 & A73)? Or if it is supported, will we get an update anytime soon that let us use AOD natively?

Currently all phones before this version support AOD(m52, A52, a32 etc.) I upgraded from M31 to A33. Honestly, I'm a little sad to see the non existent AOD on a phone with such excellent features. 

If AOD can't be implemented on these models, atleast can we have the finger print icon(AOD) on the screen fixed to display all the time? (It's showing sometimes and goes blank the rest of the time. But works when the finger is placed in that position even when it is blank. It's a feedback issue.) I hope this gets fixed in the upcoming updates. 

Peace out✌️

Edit: Figured only A33 doesn't have AOD. A73 and a53 have AOD.

kielbasa
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I chatted to Samsung support, and to my surprise, AOD is confirmed to be supported after next update.

Hexdrogen - aod is not supported ONLY on A33 (at least till now). A53 and a73 both support this feature, that's why it's even more suprising.

hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Oh wow that's good news! Is it like next month security update or like the major update of Android 13?
0 Likes
kielbasa
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

That haven't been said exactly. I was told this: 'I've just confirmed from our resources that Samsung will release the update in the future as the device is compatible'. 
Let's hope it will get it soon.

0 Likes
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Alright, hope so.
0 Likes
Sahashema
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Plss fix always on display feature in a33 5g by giving update because all devices support
0 Likes
kielbasa
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

It would be nice if Samsung could tell us when they're planning to do it...

0 Likes
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Probably in the Android 13 update
0 Likes
ronvander
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Надеюсь нас услышали и действительно поставят АОД на А33, сильно обломало впечатление отсутствие

0 Likes
HariPrashanth
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Hi Samsung community, 

Has anyone of you faced major issues like Heating / battery drain / motherboard related issues / charging issues etc., after the one ui 5 update? Please let me know if you experience such issues in the future. I haven't updated my A73 5G yet. Your response is highly valued. Hence requesting your help in making an informed decision whether or not to update my A73 5G to android 13. Please help. 

Thank you very much!!

0 Likes
Amazing_Muks
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Have A33 5g any possibility of support AOD through OTA Update?
0 Likes