Original topic:

Will Samsung A33, A53 & A73 get AOD through OTA anytime soon?

(Topic created on: 08-06-2022 02:45 PM)
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, is there a reason why AOD is not supported on the latest A series (a33, A53 & A73)? Or if it is supported, will we get an update anytime soon that let us use AOD natively?

Currently all phones before this version support AOD(m52, A52, a32 etc.) I upgraded from M31 to A33. Honestly, I'm a little sad to see the non existent AOD on a phone with such excellent features. 

If AOD can't be implemented on these models, atleast can we have the finger print icon(AOD) on the screen fixed to display all the time? (It's showing sometimes and goes blank the rest of the time. But works when the finger is placed in that position even when it is blank. It's a feedback issue.) I hope this gets fixed in the upcoming updates. 

Peace out✌️

Edit: Figured only A33 doesn't have AOD. A73 and a53 have AOD.

31 Comments
vivek1989
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Hmm might get!
vivek1989
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
No a53 and a73 have aod a33 does not has aod
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Are you sure? A53 has AOD?
0 Likes
vivek1989
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yes only a33 does has u can see videos in youtube on a53 a33 a73
0 Likes
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Oh alright! That's good then
0 Likes
Nandu48
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes
0 Likes
A73User
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Mine A 73 i have AOD
0 Likes
hexdrogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Ig too bad, only A33 doesn't have AOD.
0 Likes
Jiktz
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
This is with reference to your query sent to us regarding Galaxy A33 5G.
We have understood that you want the always on display feature on your device. We would like to inform you all devices have different and specific features depending on the hardware and software and as of now, this feature is not available. We certainly do not want our customers to go through any kind of inconvenience. We have noted down your feedback regarding the same and will forward this to our concerned team on a priority basis. For further improvement in upcoming updates.

In case you require further assistance, please get back to us. We will be glad to assist you. You are our valuable customer.

Thank you for writing to us.