Original topic:

Why ads on core apps ?

(Topic created on: 04-18-2019 04:49 PM)
UxdSat
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I recently switched to Samsung from a popular chinese manufacture. Was using their premium devices since 2 years but in recent days their custom skinned OS updated to version 10 is just forcing ads to the users everywhere and the pathetic part is there is absolutely no option to disable them. The excuses is "very  competitive pricing"

I know how users experience works and I used to do it in my daily work life. And who else like to see promo posters on their home walls. No one 

I dived to move to Samsung because I am literally impressed by the One UI.

everything is almost perfect and innovative, and feels the extensive research performed for the outcome of a way better Ux 

I recently come across the ultra data saving option inside the settings menu ( Samsung Max) which is a core app/ system features. Initially it looks good but after I used it first time I was in deep shock

Yeah there is ad like those Chinese manufacture. And like them there is also no option to disable it. 

I come across Samsung Max (same but independent) on the playstore which is offering some subscription to get rid of ads.

Now the point is 

Is it worth paying more to get almost same annoying experience?

Or paying INR 2,040/Year to get rid of ads for a single app !

I am not talking about the hardware however if the experience remains same then comparably I perhaps get better configuration on the amount I paid for.

I don't know whether my decision is right or wrong at the moment but I will definitely think about it mid this year before getting a new device.

Let's see if Samsung listings to it's customer or not in the meantime.
0 Likes
19 Comments
SumanDhar
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
use the premium plan which is free and no ads
0 Likes
UxdSat
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
It has, while charging. the point is not more or less but why we are getting forced after paying a price for the phone.

we can pay for the OS update instead
0 Likes
navisingh
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
in miui you can disable by turning recommendations off but in samsung you cant turn off......if you want to turn off i can explain because i already done the same
0 Likes
UxdSat
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
in recent MIUI 10 you can't turn off many ads settlings like

Vault
file manager
music player etc

Samsung has option to turn off promo but again not for everything
0 Likes
UxdSat
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
i am done with the file manager by simply blocking it's connectivity.
not sure about the music player, I appreciate if you can explain
0 Likes
navisingh
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
except vault you can turn off adds in file manager & music player
0 Likes
UxdSat
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
nope, I tried, doesn't works. no such option on the latest version
0 Likes