Original topic:

What the **bleep** is wrong with samsung India

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 09:24 AM)
javid
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
Samsung India has totally disappointing its customers when it comes to software updates. They always give priority to other markets here in India they have huge consumers base still they are delaying software updates. It high time for Samsung to learn from Chinese manufacturers when it comes to software development and smartphone marketing.  See iqoo 2 years old brand they are better then Samsung in every department.  Even Samsung doesn't allow its mid range smartphone user to try betas of latest software.  Samsung India **bleep** 😪 totally disappointed 😞 
21 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
beta software update in mid range phones may cause unstability of the device. So it's better to use original software. Also maybe your device is not supporting the latest sofware.
0 Likes
De3pak
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
You mean to say mid range devices could handle the tested OS over high range devices lol!
0 Likes
Div001
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I don't get it...why would you like to try beta....full of bugs....instead wait for fully furnished version....and to give beta in flagships makes sense...as they paid more so samsung...can let them b part of testing phase and provide... updates regularly..in beta phase...that can't done in mid range phones...other wise quality will degrade....those companies which provides...in midrange has to compromise with quality
SuRRealSaGar
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
See brother if you want maximum and premium features than u should buy a flagship phone. Better the price more the features, if companies will provide all the features in like 10 to 20k phone why would people buy flagships worth 70k 80k and 100k.

So don't blame samsung, that's a business perspective they don't have any personal grudge with you.
navisingh
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
I dont agree with you because they earn more more from mid range because the sale of mid range is much higher than premium & when they compare both the income will be much higher
0 Likes
SuRRealSaGar
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
It's your opinion 🤷, I'm talking about top features and on front updates,
You're talking about midrange sale, let's assume that you're right, but some day people will start questioning that why samsung is not providing a foldable screen or camera Tech like S21 ultra on mid range phone ? Will that be feasible for any brand to accomplish those features in that low price bracket
0 Likes
navisingh
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
It's your opinion, every one has paid for the device & everyone should get monthly patches premium is charged for hardware not for software.....also if samsung start selling S series with hardware like low end devices & only provide monthly updates no one will buy, i have given this reply in advance because i know you will say they have paid extra for updates
0 Likes
SuRRealSaGar
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
haha no bro I'm not saying flagship owners have paid extra for updates, all I'm saying is that it's a wholesome thing from softwares to features to updates to hardware specs.
i never said that mid or entry level devices don't deserve frequent updates, all the devices should receive timely updates.
samsung has now even declared for every range phones that how updates will be followed up from monthly to quarterly to half yearly and annually, as on today every latest Flagship are receiving monthly updates almost twice a month, and other are receiving it quarterly.
so that's the logic i meant.
0 Likes
navisingh
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
You mean only flagship devices should get monthly security patches.....because user who bought premium devices should get monthly patches, that means google is mad or what if they are releasing monthly patches
0 Likes