Original topic:

Voice WakeUp - What is this!?

(Topic created on: 04-07-2019 02:35 PM)
Vel01
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I am noticing post the Pie update on my Samsung A8+ there is a alert "VOICE WAKEUP" with a mic icon that pops up every half a second...

I am sorry but i am unaware whats this...Coz i possibly think this is leading to battery drain...Hence wanna stop it.

Kindly help. Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Comments
Baahubali
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hi Vel01,

This is an existing feature of Bixby that allows user to activate Bixby Voice when user says the wake-up command which is 'Hi Bixby' by default.

Go to your Bixby Voice settings, Voice Wakeup and you can disable it or decrease the sensitivity of the wakeup command from here itself.

You can also try holding the 'Voice wake-up' notification and get into the app details to see which particular app or service is causing it. From there you can also 'Force Stop' the app. Post a screenshot of the App details here if you are unable to disable it.

If the answer helped you, please rate it helpful and Accepted. Do let me know for any further queries! :)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Bixby
0 Likes
cscky
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

If you want the pop up to go away, delete the Galaxy Wearable app. The Pie update or Galaxy Wearable app update is broken. Maybe this is why my watch is dead in 2 or 3 hours now, even with wifi and gps disabled.

0 Likes