Original topic:

Unable to register a fingerprint

(Topic created on: 04-09-2020 05:11 PM)
Alsagtrev
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

HI,

I have been using my A50 now for sometime and have become reliant on the fingerprint sensor for many of my importand apps. Suddenly since a recent update the sensor is not working. No matter what I do.

I have tried re registering a new fingerprint ( having deleted the old one). But the system gives me four or five goes at scanning it in and then tells me it cannot register my fingerprint.

I did originally have a screen protector installed, but on reading recommendations online from Samsung I removed this.

I have also ensured the screen is clean

I have tried a complete reset 

Still it only gives me a few tries to scan my fingerprint before the message that it cannot recognise my fingerprint.

Clearly the last software change has done something untoward and the system of fingerprint recognition is now totally broken. So I'm now thinking of changing my fairly new phone to something more reliable.

Is there anyway Samsung can fix this issue to avoid me changing my phone to another make.?

7 Comments
Galaxy A
what are you using Android 9 or 10?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Register 3 fingers in Fingerprint scanner and try it out. I know A50 has gone through a lot. Remove existing Fingerprints
0 Likes
EngrMahfuj
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
after fingerprint calibration it will be ok. visit Samsung customer center.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
please update ur phone and remove existing fingerprint add new
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device:

Reregister the Finger Print: Settings> Biometric and security> Fingerprint > Continue> Set a screen lock method> Continue> Set a screen lock> Register Fingerprint

If the issue still persists, kindly attach the log file and send it to us in the Samsung member application (attach when the issue occurs within first 15 minutes of the occurrence of the issue.):-
Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Anil119
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
In my A 50 s after 20% fingerprint doesn't get registered. What might be the solution??
0 Likes
cvtripathi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I am having the same issue in my new phone. Tries everything. Seems a software bug which Samsung unable to accept and provide solution
0 Likes