Original topic:

This needs to be addressed😔

(Topic created on: 04-14-2019 05:45 PM)
SamsungMobileIN
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
People who own budget Samsung devices are f####d up. Samsung is not providing monthly updates for budget phones anymore. Only flagship devices get monthly updates. Which means no security updates, no bug fixes, no performance improvements every month.

Samsung is unable to handle the amount of phones it is releasing. People in the forum are complaining about the bugs and performance issues in their phone and Samsung doesn't seem to care about us. I didn't expect this from Samsung. Why does Samsung release too many phones when it can't handle. Samsung has 50% market share in offline market but still Samsung doesn't care it's customers.

Comment down what do you think.
Source: https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
Like if you agree.
My phone: galaxy a50. Released month ago. Saw the phone in quarterly update list now.???
Atleast provide performance improvements and bug fixes without security updates. 
19 Comments
Galaxy A
updates for devices took place with matual understanding of google and samsung . so in this scenario it is ok to have these type of update . after a time period some devices do get quarterly updates and some get monthly

thats not an issue
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I don't agree with you. Currently there are many issues with one ui. Most of the users are facing issues with it. If Samsung provides a stable os without any bugs then delaying the updates, doesn't affect that much. But now people had to wait months for their phones to get performance improvements.
MoinPathan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

I understand your statement. But, Atleast they should give fixes which causes troubles for users. Galaxy A50 got an update two weeks ago providing faster fingerprint recognition. But this update also took away device's battery backup and CPU performance. A50 launched last month and it is already on quarterly update chart. What you have to say about this?

navisingh
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
google release monthly patches but samsung doesnt
0 Likes
Galaxy A
please read google android security policy . you will come to know why Samsung offer it late than google
0 Likes
ajitsaria
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Every time an update comes, the phone consumes more battery and gives slower performance so it is better without updating as we have fast performance and better battery life.
0 Likes
ajitsaria
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Update only brings laggy phone with phone heating and reduced battery life
0 Likes
doraemon10
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
overhitting ka problem bhai solve karna chahiye
0 Likes
doraemon10