Original topic:

Some Galaxy A and M series phones have a mysterious auto restart issue

(Topic created on: 09-19-2021 07:13 PM)
monawwaralam121
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy A

The Galaxy A and Galaxy M series have done very well for Samsung. The company has sold millions of units across the globe, particularly in emerging markets. Customers love them for the features and functionality that they offer at attractive prices.

For the most part, they have been exceptional devices with little or no underlying issues. However, it appears that some Galaxy A and Galaxy M models are suffering from a mysterious issue that causes the device to freeze up and restart automatically.

Mysterious Galaxy A and Galaxy M devices’ issue seems to have no fix

The reports have come from users who own the Galaxy M30sGalaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A50s and Galaxy A51 handsets in India. This suggests that whatever the root cause, it’s likely limited to a batch of devices sold within that particular country.

Reports indicate that the devices often freeze up and get hanged. Frequent auto restarts are also a problem. That makes it very difficult to use the device. Some users have even claimed that their devices are stuck in a boot loop. They don’t go past the Samsung logo at startup.

Samsung India’s official forums have reports about these issues going back at least a couple of months. There has been no word as yet from the company about the root cause. So it’s unclear whether this is being caused by a software or a hardware issue.

Device owners who have taken their units to a Samsung service center have been told that they need to get the motherboard replaced, a job that costs over $100. Naturally, not many are willing to spend that much money to fix an underlying problem they did nothing to aggravate.

The chipsets are a common thread between these devices. The Exynos 9610 and Exynos 9611 are used in the devices mentioned above. Whether that’s related to the issue in any way remains unclear. There have also been no reports about similar issues being faced on these devices by users outside India.

With a factory reset not working and a costly motherboard replacement that customers want to avoid, one can only hope Samsung can provide some clarity on the matter. Those who are facing these issues might also be hoping that whatever fix is needed, the company does it for them at no charge.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a-m-series-phones-mysterious-auto-restart-issue/

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
It's the Indian software which makes devices to damage and by this Samsung makes replacement parts expensive to win money by Indians!
YashodhanGanu
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Thank God I have A71 with Snapdragon 730
jonyshovo61
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I am from Bangladesh using m31 for nearly 1 year 3 months never faced any problem yet.
0 Likes
abbishek091
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I have a50s and I am facing lag 😩 and once I checked refresh rate of my display it only provide 32 to 40fps. And even this device not give atleast 60fps.
0 Likes
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for your inconvenience. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.    

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes