Original topic:

Software update or bugs update??

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 08:39 AM)
DarshanChatterjee
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
I don’t know why people are still early waiting for software updates. If any vulnerability shows brand will automatically send you the update. So no need to worry. 
And then come to the major os updates. Many brands don't properly optimize their software updates before pushing it to the users. After getting reports of bugs they fix it , and sometimes they recheck it after giving it to the users. So basically the users suffer.

So coming to the point. I'm basically a Samsung galaxy A71 user. After the November update , battery performance became poor. I reported them that. And After I got the January update , the battery is draining too much faster than before. Before it used to drain 3-4% in the night. But now it become 10-12% while :
1. My AOD is off
2. Mobile data is off
3. Wifi is off
4. I hardly have any apps. Still I put some unused and unnecessary apps on sleep. 
5. Device get optimized at 12:01am sharp by device care.
6. No apps run in the background at night. 
I don't know what is draining my battery so fast. 
7. I don't use adaptive battery life cause it sometimes affect the actual battery performance. 

Samsung needs to work on their software updates before users get it. 

And yes. Except Google every other brands present on Android platform sends ridiculously un-optimized software updates. 
But as a Samsung user I can only suggest Samsung to do the work. 

I have tried every method for battery performance increase. So. 

Any A71 user facing the same? Comment below 👇
26 Comments
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
For me it always consume 10%-15% at night 😅😅😅. Sometimes 3%-4% with the same settings. (data, wifi, bluetooth, auto sync is always remain on)
Galaxy A
Denatured battery life .
0 Likes
SimplySiva
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
network strength and sync also cause battery drain.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Sync is off.
0 Likes
Samarth2084
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
The Indian developers team is ignoring A71 and provinding a optimized software update. And we also do not get regular software updates and if we contact them they only say turn off wifi ,mobile data,bluetooth etc they just give excuses. They are also not provinding One UI 3.0 update early. We should get it first because A71 is top of the line in A series but other M series smartphones are getting the updates.
Galaxy A
Samsung or any brands can't give well optimized software updates. And that's a fact. But yes Samsung check that if the phone is doing the normal work or not. Except that they recheck it after pushing it to the users.

No brother. That's not the case here.
Samsung prioritize flagship first for updates. Then in the midrange market they see the selling point of each and every phone. And unfortunately A71 has less selling point. So it's getting late updates.

And for security updates , A71 is on quarterly update list.
Galaxy A
none of the device can give fully optimised software.. the security patch itself to identify previous loop and recover them ..but if atlest follow Samsung recommends process then problem will be less
Galaxy A
Yes. That's what I'm saying.
Galaxy A
🤣 sudhu Samsung na .. prithibi r je kono device security patch dey jeta previous jodi kono loop thake software e seta jate fix hoy ...abar new security patch e loop thakle seta next security patch e thik hoy ..kintu ami Samsung recommends process e software keno installation korbo na .. ami to 2012 theke use kori samu .. j,a,m,s,n series..amar kono problem hoy na Karon ami sobsomoy firmware flash kori Odin ba service center theke