Original topic:

Slow/Non Responsive Power Button

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 10:41 AM)
AlviraRia
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
My phone model is SM-A307GN/DS. My power button is not working properly. Everytime my phone goes to sleep, I cannot switch it on. I have to press the power button 20 to 30 times for it to wake up. I cannot switch off or restart my phone with the power button either. I have to keep pressing it several times.

Any advice or suggestions would be really appreciated!
5 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
better option is to visit service centre, its a physical issue so you can't get help remotely
so my suggestion is to visit service centre otherwise your problem may increase
AlviraRia
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Thanks for the advice! I've also noticed that when my phone is charged above 80%, the power button is more responsive 😕

I'll get it checked by professionals when I get the chance.
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you to kindly visit the service center for physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
NrT_Jack
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have to press power button 20 times to screen to wake up, when turning off the screen button works normal it registers the button. Could you please reply if you fixed the problem with turning on the screen so I know what to do.

0 Likes
Samandrew249
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Even my smj4 ...... I thought that my power button got a problem maybe it needs some maintenance because it is not responding at all but what blowed my mind was ..... I was able to take screen shots ! Rapidly at the same time plus other guestures that work with the power button 😒

0 Likes