Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung updates

(Topic created on: 11-25-2022 09:20 PM)
Rudzani
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A

I'm honestly very disappointed with Samsung South Africa. How come the A73 which is the most expensive of the A series is receiving such a pathetic software support? We are in November now and the last time it received any update it was in August. Is it because is not available in developed countries like USA and UK unlike the A53. I understand that the A53 sells the most but we are paying high money for higher specs and expect support from Samsung. 
8 Comments
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
The software support is being messed up here.. I dont know what Samsung is doing here
Rudzani
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
It is frustrating and I believe some of the Samsung fans are leaving for iPhone because of this.
0 Likes
LemonCream
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
It's not that their updates are bad or very slow, it's just that African countries seem to be low on the priority list in terms of updates
0 Likes
Rudzani
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
That's the thing. If you look at the number of devices that have already been updated in some regions and look at ours you'll see that we are not their priority of which is unfair.
0 Likes
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
The A7X series gets software updates on a quarterly basis compared to the monthly updates with the A5X series ...
0 Likes
Rudzani
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Yeah I'm aware even though I wasn't when I bought it. But this is a messed up situation. You would think because is the most expensive of the A's it will be prioritised.

But I get that it's a business decisions as the A5X is the one that sells the most and is available globally unlike A7X which is only available in selected markets. And from what I have read the A7X is not available in the US and UK which seems to be priority markets for phone manufacturers.
0 Likes
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I was going to say that the A52/A53 are more popular 😆, one has to be careful next time upgrading

.. Id take monthly security updates over quarterly anytime.
0 Likes
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
They honestly need to reduce the CSC's or unify it, apparently all new devices will have a CSC starting with EUX or EUY , about time because this is the reason for this whole mess
0 Likes