Original topic:

Samsung sells 5G phones that are not 5G ready

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 03:46 PM)
Antarctica
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

5G services have been launched in India as of October 5th in select cities.I bought a Samsung A 73 just because it claimed to be 5G ready..with the phone even bearing a 5G surname. 

* The phone is not 5G ready. Samsung customer support refuses to answer any questions on when it will be 5G ready 
* Samsung support doesnt reply on Twitter 
* The phone was sold with a wrong premise and as such we should report Samsung for misleading marketing practices 
* Samsung knew that 5G is being launched in India but slept on the whole thing while selling phones claiming that they were 5G ready when they were not
* I am planning to file a compliant in the consumer court against them

1.jpg

9 Comments
Tickoon
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes same issue here
sonysoniyal
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Samsung support is useless and We all got fooled. Disappointed. I would have purchased some other mobile rather than this so called "5G ready" mobile.
Antarctica
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Absolutely, imagine how indifferent is Samsung that it cannot or doesn't want to unlock the 5G software which is already present in the phone..heights of indifference, callousness, and apathy. The thing is they have become very complacent now as there is very less to choose from for customers...they have become a monopoly and customers have no options so have to go with their snootiness...extremely frustrating...

Antarctica
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I was eagerly waiting for 5G...and now Samsung is simply ignoring the whole thing...sad indeed...there is absolutely no communication on when the 'update' will be released. Actually it is not even an update...Samsung just has to unlock the 5G software but the lazy folks at Samsung have other things to do

SANTU-M53
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Yes you are absolutely precise with your grievance.
Galaxy A
Yes. Please file a case in consumer court
0 Likes
saltaf
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Even Apple markets their devices 5G ready, but as on today none of high end apple devices are running 5G, we got to wait as different TSP needs to enable its band for 5G usage and also the handset manufacturers have to do the same. I have been using my S21plus abroad they work on 5g network out if box, but we have a different subset of 5G data transmission. And yes we will get 5G networks but have to wait as it is still in phased stages of rollout.
0 Likes
VA4
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Samsung India customer support is mediocre & unprofessional. They are not technically sound either. They can't answer even basic queries. Only software development team knows what & when they release.
MdTaufiq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
5g
0 Likes