Original topic:

Samsung's updates policy is **bleep**

(Topic created on: 03-26-2020 07:09 AM)
RazorGamingHD
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Only updating flagships to One UI 2.1 (even those flagships from 2018) shows that Samsung doesn't care about users from midrange. Look at Huawei or Xiaomi, they are all running latest software version, on all models (midrange or flagship) because they don't give the **bleep** excuse as "hardware compatibility" like Samsung does. Samsung cares only about flagships because that's what only exists for them. No wonder we get only 2 major software upgrades, because they are lazy.
     Honestly I don't think any moderator will read these topics, because they don't care neither.
About One UI 2.0 on Galaxy A50, you can report to them bugs like Battery drain (like I have) because they won't take it seriously, they would even ignore you, because Samsung is not capable of taking the Feedback from users and implementing it. There are many good Suggestions and Ideas I keep sending them, but they won't bother because they don't care. That's who Samsung is, careless and lazy.
    Samsung only cares about releasing tons of models, but hell the software Support. I'm sorry that I am going to say that, but even Xiaomi has better software than Samsung at this moment. I hope Samsung will start to change and caring about Feedback.
13 Comments
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Get a Xiaomi or a Huawei next time then....and FYI Samsung is upgrading the S and Note series to One UI 2.1 and will be doing 2.5 just for porting the extra features of S20 to the S10 or S9 via One UI 2.1 and its an incremental upgrade.. I also got an A50, and its not a high end device of Samsung.. A50 will be updated to One UI 3.0(hopefully with Android 11), So why care about getting One UI 2.1...If you really wanna get all the updates and special treatment from Samsung, you should consider spending for a Latest Flagship. and I don't know which battery drain you're talking about.. are you on Android 10? coz I'm running that and i see no difference whatsoever most of time in battery, maybe a bit better.. maybe you need to hard reset. Sending them ideas is nice and creative but thousands of people does that and Samsung doesn't care, they got people employed for those stuff.. I would say Samsung Members feedback is pointless, so don't waste time on it, i have wasted much sending feedbacks to them...Samsung's phones might not be liked by all, but they are ahead in terms of software than any Android Manufacturer, they are just the best..anyone speaking otherwise needs to use other to realise it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
s9 and s10 both are getting one ui 2.1 for now
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
yes you are right
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Bro u getting One UI 2.1 for S9+? My phone didn't get any update since like January after the Stable One UI 2, still seeing none. Still on January patch, it's the first time this has happend, never missed an entire month's security patch..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
bro in s9 I today receive the patch of March
0 Likes
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
oh That's fkin great buddy.. Which country you are from? if India, S9+ must also be on its way..
0 Likes
RazorGamingHD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
people's mentality these days "get a Xiaomi or Huawei", no. This is not what I meant, these were just 2 examples, as Samsung can do better for Software but they are too lazy and careless. Yes they release many phones but support is not equal. Maybe you misunderstood me but yeah I wasted time with Feedback they don't bother to consider.
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Nope Bro You think that their software support is not equal, man they release tonnes of phones and each is of different range.. The SW you want to have is of flagship range, that is for their highly priced phones...People are not only paying 60k just for HW...and the experience of the One UI 2 or whatever is better with S10 or other flagships with some exclusive features for flagships. I bought the S9+ 1.5 years back for 49k but it was being sold via flipkart for 24k, They reduce the price drastically...They reduce the cost of most phones for more sales like A50 was being sold for 12999. If you wait sometime, you can get the galaxy you want at a great deal..In that price they're doing the best for the SW they can, the phone is great too, the new One UI 2 may have some bugs, but they will fix that if a large number of people faces that. That's how Samsung's policy has been around...And I asked you to get a Xiaomi or Huawei because You said their SW was better at the moment, to which I didn't know what to say..Don't judge my mentality buddy, one comment is way too less for that.
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
That's because of hardware limitations.