Original topic:

Samsung's shady update

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 09:45 PM)
MonK11
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy A
Recently I received the September updated on my Galaxy A51. Though the update didn't mentioned anything about installing new apps they did installed "Moj' and 'Takatak' apps without my permission. It's no surprise that chinese brands are pushing Pørñ ads when a brand like Samsung is getting away with doing stuff like this. 

12 Comments
AjitKulkarni
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
this apps are not on my a51 strange
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Have you updated your phone to September update? If yes then wait for 1 day or 2. They'll install them sneakily.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
You are right brother on my m10s they also install app without my permission even with app cloud I didn't provide any permissions
Amank2020
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
these apps came from galaxy essentials ... its your fault , you did not untick the samsung terms at first setup .... these apps will reinstall themself again after next update

solution - clear data / cache of samsung apps store and redo the app and this time untick all those shotty apps
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Man do you think I'll went on ranting without knowing what I'm doing. I am careful enough not to tick such options. These apps are being installed after software update. By the way it's not the 1st time Samsung did this. They had previously installed apps without user concent.
Galaxy A
This is really unacceptable tbh. We bought SAMSUNG for the exact same reason but now they are being same as Chinese Clones.
sa51
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I also got this it installed phone pe app
but after I deleted it
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Till now they are letting us uninstall but if things go like this they will stop letting us.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Just updated my phone and PhonePe installed on its own. Samsung has made deals with these app companies to put them in our phones. It's not illegal but it certainly is not good practice. I used to get this on my old Huawei phone and I switched to Samsung thinking that these type of business tactics won't happen. I was wrong.
0 Likes