Original topic:

Samsung galaxy A50 speed cannot get over 50mbps

(Topic created on: 07-23-2021 12:06 AM)
FilipJ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have internet with 100mbps however my Samsung galaxy A50 cannot get past 50mbps. I tried on my older Samsung galaxy s7 edge and i am getting 80mbps also on my laptop i am getting 80mbps and with the cable i get 100mbps. I believe it's a hardware problem on the A50 due to cheap parts. Anyone found a solution to this? Is anyone experiencing higher speeds than 50mbps on A50 phone? please notify me on my email if you got any answers fi4ozver@gmail.com 

9 Comments
Galaxy A
we are using prepaid sim with speed of not more than 5mbps 😅 how could we guide you
Galaxy A
change your wifi router ...not mobile problem
Suyo
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
doubt its got anything to do with the hardware. A50 is quite a brilliant phone and shouldn't be the cause of the issue.
0 Likes
moxil
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
yaa it's true

20201221_122859_46349.jpg

Screenshot_20201221-120129_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes
shaan03
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
my a50 gives 120mbps speed with airtel wifi broadband i think it is router problem
0 Likes
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
s7 is higher bands than a50.budget phone network always slow
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Slow internet" issue please follow below given steps:

1. Reset Network Settings:- Go to apps screen >Settings >General Management >Reset >Reset Network Setting.

2. Check Network mode and set it to Auto Connect. (Settings > Connections> Mobile Network> network mode SIM1 or SIM2 > Network mode> Select LTE/3G/2G auto connect)

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
man1972
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I'm testing two Samsung phones (A50 and A51) and two iPhones, with the same router, all of them at the same time and also one after the other. 

Samsung phones always reach an average of 50 Mbps (always below 60 Mbps)
iPhones always reach 120 Mbps (Connection is 100 Mbps).

I tried resetting network settings in one of the Samsung phones and then it can reach 120 Mbps in several tests, but it just works until I went to another house room switching to an access point. Then I came back to the main router and that Samsung just reached 50 Mbps again.

I tried resetting networks settings again and went back to 120 Mbps. When I went out the house and came in, again with 50 Mbps.

Just resetting networks and without changing the WiFi network it works without 50 Mbps limit.

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Same problem here bro I have 60 Mbps connection but in speed test I am getting below 50 Mbps I check on my other phones they gave me 60 Mbps guys I think it's a big problem in samsung a50 please provide an update for to fix this issue
0 Likes