Original topic:

Samsung adding bloatware in the name of Security updates

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 03:14 PM)
KabeerV
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
How can such a big company come to such cheap tricks?? In September security update on my Gakaxy A50s, it automatically installed "PhonePe app". In a couple before that, Glance screen was added which is just a way to show more ads.

Now I read about M30s getting Samsung services whose notifications cannot be disabled. 

If this is the treatment we are going to get, why should we buy Samsung phones??
If this continues, this is my last Samsung device for sure. I will either buy a pixel or Oneplus or iPhone. Never Samsung again

17 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
partnerships bro.. thats it.. Samsung services is not bloatware but Samsung tnc for indian users for glance, galaxy store etc.
0 Likes
KabeerV
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
But, you cannot dismiss notifications?? I believe that's not fair. They are fine till they don't show unnecessary notifications. I agree everyone may it be, google or apple or oneplus, everyone collects user data. We are helpless there.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
idk about dismissing notifications cause i uninstalled Samsung services using adb.. not only that customization service, wallpaper services etc lot of system apps.
KabeerV
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Exactly!! I mean they aren't providing the phone at cheap rates like MI. We are paying the price. We have to use adb for uninstalling that is not acceptable.
However, I would really like to know how you used adb to uninstall Samsung Services, coz i believe its only a matter of time before we need it too...
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
install app inspector and get the package name of Samsung services. install adb in pc/laptop you can get detailed instructions online. enter package name that's it.. app will be uninstalled for current user.
RealA20
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
100% true
0 Likes
rr2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I installed the 10/2020 update in my A51 few minutes ago, and it silently added iFood, Wish and TikTok. I just uninstalled them as soon as I saw them.

0 Likes
Karthik55565
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
This is business1633149446893.gif
0 Likes