Original topic:

Samsung adding bloatware in the name of Security updates

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 09:53 PM)
KabeerV
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
How can such a big company come to such cheap tricks?? In September security update on my Gakaxy A50s, it automatically installed "PhonePe app". In a couple before that, Glance screen was added which is just a way to show more ads.

Now I read about M30s getting Samsung services whose notifications cannot be disabled. 

If this is the treatment we are going to get, why should we buy Samsung phones??
If this continues, this is my last Samsung device for sure. I will either buy a pixel or Oneplus or iPhone. Never Samsung again

17 Comments
Galaxy A
Glance is just a screen saver story you can disable it.
0 Likes
KabeerV
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Obviously, I can disable it, my friend. But, why do they pre-install it?? You might also be aware that even inside your phone dialer app, they have kept the hidden option of showing personalised content based on your interest. They haven't spared any app.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Yes bro you are right. 😂😂
0 Likes
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
bro! pixel, OnePlus ,apple andall also some different strategies to gain money from the use. one plus will also show adds ,pixel is Google so it is always faver for Google adds and iPhone will ask money for what ever we need. so no one is good.
KabeerV
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I don't mind them favouring some apps. Its fine even when samsung does it. Its about ads that they show via those...
0 Likes
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
they need income,so they must do that to get more profit. we need to see still more than this.
0 Likes
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
if atall we go for Motorola that has stock android which is adds free(as many told but im not sure ).but we won't buy that because that won't be much worth like Samsung. because of this branding they do these things
0 Likes
KabeerV
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
They aren't providing their phones for a cheap cost man. I mean it shouldn't be atleast in A series phones... Spending 25k for A51 and still seeing ads?? Isn't it too much??
0 Likes
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
only 25k for one time only from one user for a life means they should shut down their doors. so only they use small statege like adds and have some maximum( max 2+ yrs for 1 mobile parts works normally without any repair) life range of some parts and non expandable ram .......they follow
0 Likes