Original topic:

Samsung a50 overheats and battery draining issue

(Topic created on: 07-15-2021 09:03 AM)
Dharshanshan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My A50 Battery starts to drain drastically all of a sudden from yesterday morning. and mobile overheats badly. I tried to uninstall recent apps, restricting background usage and even reset to factory defaults. still the problem persists. while examining, i found out that accessibility application and memory manager app uses around 45% of battery. and sometimes playstore services, ANT HALL SERVICE, applock and app installer consumes around 10% of battery. what might be the reason and how to resolve this issue.
10 Comments
RavishaHeshan
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
One of best way to diagnose these kind of issues is though safe mode. Since it doesn't use non-essential apps you can identify whether it's a software related issue or not
Dharshanshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes.. I tried the safe mode too.. still same.
RavishaHeshan
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Then i guess issue probably related to the OS or Hardware component 😕
noahm
Active Level 8
Galaxy A

can you post a screenshot of the battery usage of apps? AND are you on Android 10 or 11?
mainly asking because:
1. I am not sure what you mean by "memory manager app"? Do you mean Device Care or perhaps Memory Guardian (which is a Galaxy Labs plug-in but not a system app)? 

2. Do you mean Google Play Services? Because there is no service called "Play Store Services".

3. ANT HAL is a built-in core service for wireless support (ex: bluetooth, fitness monitoring).
It will never run unless an application that requires ANT Wireless communication is running on your phone. 

4. By "applock" and "app installer" what do you mean? Secure Folder and Package Installer?
(Or did you use Activity Launcher/QuickShortcutMaker to enable App Lock service (Android 10)?

Dharshanshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
these are the appsScreenshot_20210715-223336_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210715-223251_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210715-223552_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210715-223352_Settings.jpg
Dharshanshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Device care and storage boosterScreenshot_20210715-224213_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210715-223654_Settings.jpg
Dharshanshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
These are the usage chart and app information. Screenshot_20210715-224618_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210715-224721_Device care.jpg
Dharshanshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I'm on Android 11.
1. yup, it is the storage booster app
2. play store services (when i uninstalled the recent updates, battery usage is reduced to 7% until now)
3. I'm not using bluetooth or any fitness monitoring
4. there is an app called "app lock" and "application installer" in system apps
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Galaxy A

I don't have separate apps/services named "storage booster", "app lock", and "application installer" is just called "package installer" for me, that's why was a little confused. Just some device software differences I guess... but I am not quite sure why those would use a lot of battery.
Do you have them under battery optimization?

It's either Google Play Store or Google Play Services. Your screenshot has both, "uninstall updates" will help to save some battery on both. However, Google Play Services draining the battery is quite common and it can't be stopped from running in the background directly (can force stop with Developer Options, but it will start again once you try to update something). You can use Galaxy Labs app's Memory Guardian plug-in to force stop it as well.