Original topic:

Samsung a50 corrupted files

(Topic created on: 09-14-2020 10:59 AM)
luwang92
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hello everyone!
   Recently I had to format (hard reset) my device, I had back up every images and videos in a newly bought sd card.  But now when  I try to access those files, it's showing a greyed out squire with a small circle in the middle with a exclaimation mark inside it. I've tried using many paid softwares to recover/repair the images including #MobiSaver, #Unseen gallery , can't use Steller Phoenix Data recovery as my device is not rooted. Also there were some online websites claiming that they can repair the images but when I tried to upload the image it was giving error indicating file format not supported.
Unfortunately, Google photos back up was turned off for a period of time.  Any suggestions on how I can repair those files from in sd card (without pc) or recover the files which were deleted while formatting the device is appreciated!

# there is no problem with the sd card as the files copied from other folders are working fine, except for the ones copied from DCIM(CAMERA) folder.
0 Likes
14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
it may be erased by the hardware or try to reboot your phone
luwang92
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
tried several times, those files are still in sd card as greyed out box and can't access it
chitti1998
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
u could have backup using sametswitch it's better option
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
then you should erase your ad card using the computer
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
sorry sd card
0 Likes
luwang92
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
then how'll I recover the corrupted images in sd card, if I erase it?
0 Likes
chitti1998
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
there will be a recovery software using that u can recover your images. but I wont say it will recover completely. Some images may get damage.
luwang92
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I tried that using MobiSaver but the file it recovered was still corrupted, it didn't repair the image
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
you can give it on recovery computer they may recover if you want to erase the content from sd card I will DM in the instagram
my a/c _shivakumaran