Original topic:

Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 11:27 AM)
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
The app is not asking for finger print scan or security code while opening it. These securities work only when I try to use the card for payment. That is it not asking for scanning finger print if I am paying through bhim upi. Only my upi code is needed. This is less secure and unfortunately I can't add the app in secure folder either.
Any ideas?
7 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Nobody?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Sorry not using Sammy pay.😂
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Ah it's fine bro
0 Likes
MRRorschach
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
No ..disagree and I don't think this understanding is right.

To show or not to show app lock screen depends on the type of lock screen you use.

Try changing your device lockscreen type to swipe or none. Samsung pays own app lock screen will be prompted.

And by the way security is not just about prompting an app lock at entry.

In my opinion no other third party app can match the level of security that the OEM app provides. (Read root detection, secure authentication, encrypted data at rest data in motion)

0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You didn't understand my issue at all. I am not a noob to samsung and tech, although this account is new.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
The issue is that the Samsung pay is not asking for anykind of pasword or finger print when the app is opened, unlike secure folder. It asks for fingerprint verification only while using card payment. That is upi payment can be done by typing the upi pin only. So there is only one step security for upi transactions,that is the upi pin. Even apps like google pay has 2 step security,that is the one pin/fingerprint verification to open the app itself and then the upi pin.
I think you understand the issue now.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
"To show or not to show app lock screen depends on the type of lock screen you use.

Try changing your device lockscreen type to swipe or none. Samsung pays own app lock screen will be prompted. " what do you mean? It just doesn't make any sense!!
0 Likes