Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A71 Microphone stops working on call (fixes on restart)

(Topic created on: 02-07-2023 06:29 PM)
prome9001
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hello,

I am facing this problem since a long period of time. Randomly my microphone stops working and I can't talk to any call. I can hear sound off the other party but they can't hear mine. But when I connect my Bluetooth it works. I have tried by dialling *#0283# but I can't hear to my own voice, so it's confirmed that the mix does not work in that time. The problem fixes on restart.

I have even gone through a factory reset but the problem is recurring.
12 Comments
Kemit
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I am also facing same problem it seems that is a software problem as this begin after last android 12 update
0 Likes
prome9001
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Must agree (started after Android 12 Update). But this hits the reputation over the model to some extent for sure, as this is impacting the most crucial service (voice calls).
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same and please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

1. Disconnect anything plugged into the headphone jack like a selfie stick, headphones, Bluetooth, etc.
2. Remove any third-party case, protective films, or any other accessory that usually comes in contact with your device. (If any)

If the issue has not been resolved then restart the device & record your voice to verify the issue.
Step1: Press & hold the power key.
Step2: Tap on restart.
Step3: Tap again to restart your phone.

Record your voice by using a "Voice recorder" and playing the recorded audio.
Navigate to the app's screen and tap on the Samsung folder.
Tap on the voice recorder.
Tap on recording to record your voice then tap on stop to save the recording.
Tap on save.
Select and tap on recently recorded audio to hear the audio quality.

Note: If the recorded audio quality is good, then your microphone is working fine.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.

0 Likes
prome9001
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
All of these steps are already followed. But the issue seems to reccur repeatedly.
Kemit
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes, All this steps are already followed but the problem is still not resolved
0 Likes
Kemit
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes, All this steps are already followed but the problem is still not resolved
Abaddon19
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Facing the same issue in my A71. Seems to be a software issue. Kindly fix this asap. This is causing a lot of inconvenience.
0 Likes
Solution
kuna1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Go to settings -general management - reset- reset all settings.
your phones settings will change but no data will be affected. This process has fixed mine a71 from this problem hope it does for all.
0 Likes
prome9001
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Done resetting the settings. Let me wait and see what happens
0 Likes