cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A02 will it ever get Android 12?

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 11:22 AM)
fritzherc
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

Can someone tell me if the Samsung Galaxy a02 (SM-A022F) will ever get Android 12. Been to many forums that gave wrong months, they even said the month of September 2022. Well the month is almost over. Many insiders have been wrong about the update. So is this device getting the update or not? The A01 got 12 and it is older.

8 Comments
Scias
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes it will samsung is off the schedule
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy A

Hi fritzherc

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please note that the model will get the update

fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

I know I have had this line before "Please note the device will get the update." And no I am not trying to be mean or sarcastic. But the ideal question is when will we recieve the update? I have seen almost every major device that launched with one get Android 12. While going on official firmware site in hopes that the device has been updated, just to see old Galaxy S6's being paid some love. But nothing for over a year for A02 (SM-A022F/G/M) owners. As a matter of fact, not even all the devices have received Android 11 yet. The device has to be deeply searched for on the official Samsung website and forum. This leads to many conclusions and obvious answers. Do not give us computer generated answers give us a date, draw a line in the sand. That is what the people want. A concrete answer. Don't skip us in favor of older devices unless the current devices out have been updated. FIFO=First-in-First-Out under the official Samsung statement of models 2019 or newer. Get these first the others later, that is only fair. Just stop passing us over.

fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Just found out sadly enough that the Galaxy M02 which is exactly the same internally and externally to the Galaxy A02, got Android 12 all the way back in August. This is just sad, being passed up. They could have easily brought Android 12 to us a long time ago and haven't. Nice to know that us A series owners are now below the M series, and just the piece of information that I needed to leave Samsung for good. I encourage the rest of Galaxy A02 owners to speak with their wallets. That seems the only thing Samsung understands.

fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Aftet complaining to mu governmental Authorities. I got confirmation. 

Screenshot_20221222-054103_Gmail.jpg

fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Finally the negative press catches up to what I have known as fact since July. Samsung has not updated this device. Does not plan to update it and now everyone else knows it. Return your device before the 27th (that is when the device officially launched and date that the 2 year warranty expires) Get your money back. Lets hope Samsung hears the message loud and clear., when they have fines up the yang and 8 million devices to deal with. Let them hear. "WR WANT ANDROID 12 NOW LIKE YOU PROMISED, OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A

Samsung A02 Android 12 Update Send me

Screenshot_20230625-192649_Software update.jpg

Darkblade
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A

Hmmmm it seems like no o hmmm

0 Likes