Original topic:

Samsung A7 purchase from Gulf - wants to convert LTE to Volte in India

(Topic created on: 08-03-2019 03:04 PM)
abbasmalvi
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi All,

I have purchased Samsung A7 from Dubai which doesn't support Volte. Now I have relocated to India wherein majority of telecommunications operators are providing Volte services. 

In order to use Volte ( as it is not supported in my phone) I have to use third party apps which hangs up the phone and consumes lots of battery. 

I have approached Samsung services but I didn't got any solution for my problem and they say WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I have purchased expensive phone from Samsung but if it is not up to use than I am totally unsatisfied with Samsung services and products. They are asking me to use other telecoms operators who don't provide Volte services. 

I request Samsung community to pls providence some solutions to my problem. 

Thanks.
7 Comments
Galaxy A
Hi, VoLTE is supported here in Dubai, I have checked on Google and your phone should support VoLTE as well, have you checked with your service provider? sometimes the sim card doesn't support VoLTE and you have to replace it, recently I replaced my sim card for the same reason and now VoLTE is working on my phone.
abbasmalvi
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hi thanks for revert, yes my SIM card is already Volte support and Samsung support told that Volte will work in Dubai, UAE but not in india because of some bandwidth differences between telecom operators.
Galaxy A
Now I understand your point but unfortunately no one can help you to solve this issue, if your service provider in India supports a different bandwidth, the only way is to replace your phone, I faced a similar issue earlier when I bought an imported phone from US with different bandwidth.
abbasmalvi
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
yes correct but Samsung should provide some updates or software so that device must be compatible to that country like from UAE to india based on indian bandwidth.
otherwise there would be so many useless devices in market and lots of people would be facing same problems!!!
Galaxy A
Bandwidth compatibility is related to the hardware not to the software, so it can't be solved with an update.
abbasmalvi
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
yes correct but Samsung being top mobile company should provide either hardware or software ( which ever is required) to make change of Volte bandwidth according to present country. we being customers, we don't have issues if they are charging for it but for better customer satisfaction, they must see customers problem and resolve it ASAP.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I agree with you but I don't think Samsung or any other mobile phones manufacturer can modify a different region variant according to users needs, at least for now it's not possible, but might be in the future who knows 🙂
0 Likes