Original topic:

Samsung A7 2018 display suddenly stopped working after pressing the power button! Please help!

(Topic created on: 07-26-2020 11:39 PM)
cybertron98
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I unplugged my phone from the charger after charging it to almost 100% and unlocked the phone and started playing youtube videos. Everything seemed fine I pressed the power button on my phone to lock the screen. After sometime when I tried to unlock the phone by pressing the power button the phone unlocked but the screen flickered for 2-3 seconds and then started working normally. As it was working properly I tried to lock and unlock again to see if there was a problem. when I locked the phone the screen did not start completely! There is a small visible line on the top of the display and rest of the screen is black! I panicked and tried to lock and unlock the screen again and tried some of the tips on the internet i for sometime it did not start but after sometime the screen turned on again and I was able to unlock again! Everything worked properly the youtube videos were also able to be played at full hd 60fps. After backing up the data I locked the phone again and the problem came back! can someone please help me fix this problem!

0 Likes
7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
bro once force restart your device by pressing volume down + power key together for 10 seconds ....and go to app settings.....system app......search system ui .....clear its cache
Galaxy A
Try using your device in Safe mode.
To activate safe mode..

*Press and hold the Power button.
*Tap and hold Power off.
*When the Reboot to safe mode prompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

If You still face same issue with safe mode ,Visit Nearest Samsung Authorized Service center.
Jasmeet17
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
in case you have dropped your phone it may be a problem with screen connector.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
better to go service centre
0 Likes
beastsb
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
seems display issue hardware side
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you kindly visit the service center, as your device needs physical inspection. To check for the nearest Samsung service center kindly click on the link : https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
ShireenQureshi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I am having the same problem since today morning 

0 Likes