Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung A53 whatsapp issue

(Topic created on: 10-17-2022 11:27 AM)
AliSarwar
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hello, I bought Samsung A53 for my parents. I'm facing a weird issue, that whenever phone is locked for a while like for 10 to 20 seconds in locked state, whatsapp won't get any call or sms. The other end shows that whatsapp is calling the number. Calling, not Ringing. And when you just double tap on the screen all notifications will appear at once. I have checked every setting in the phone, like background data usage, allow notifications. Reinstall whatsapp. But all in vein. Hoping to have this issue fixed. As it is getting irritating. Thanks. 
0 Likes
22 Comments
aakashnawab7
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
1) Make sure you have full internet package. I mean if you have only package for WhatsApp then you may receive notifications only if WhatsApp app is opened or working in background. if you have complete data package then you will get every notification on time

2) Disable Battery optimization for WhatsApp
0 Likes
aakashnawab7
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Actually if you have only social package like WhatsApp monthly package mobile can't connect to other internet services and shows that you have limited access to internet. In that case background internet usage is blocked by mobile to save battery as mobile thinks that you don't have proper internet access. That's why you only receive notifications on time when you use that specific app. Hope answered the question.
Thanks
0 Likes
AliSarwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Responded to your query below.
0 Likes
ahmadforu55
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Thank You so much for your solution! Visit my Website APK for WhatsApp.

0 Likes
AliSarwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thank you for responding. I'm connected to WiFi. And there is no limit.
0 Likes
aakashnawab7
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Okay
Then try to add WhatsApp App in 'Never Sleeping Apps' list.

You can find it in Battery settings.
0 Likes
AliSarwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Trust me, I have done everything that's needed. I have seen some comments from other users related to same issue. Where samsung suggested the users to post in members app. That's why I have posted it here. Hoping that someone from Samsung official can sort out this known issue for A53 specifically.
aakashnawab7
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Okay. Got it.

Maybe it's an Issue with A53 specifically.
I have used A52, currently using A52s and never faced this issue in both.
0 Likes
AliSarwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I have note 9, s9 plus and A52s at home. All connected to same WiFi. But only A53 is having issues. And that too for WhatsApp only. All other apps like messenger calls and GSM calls are fine.