Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A50s

(Topic created on: 11-21-2020 06:52 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy A
So its been 1 month i have been using this device.
I treat myself in between general to medium gamer and this is my experience with Samsung A50s purchased after a year of its release 😆😆😆

Even though its a year old device I'm not regretting my decision to go with this deal in flipkart BBD as i was pretty impressed with this device in midrange. 

I purchased M30s just for battery but the backup in that device reduced after oneui 2. Before that I'm a S9 user.

So, being an S9 user i never regretted my decision in buying M30s in January. Though i missed some features i used to get great battery backup of 16-17hrs SoT initially. Which gradually reduced to 11-12hrs after oneui 2. I also used M21 for few days in midrange. So, overall i was satisfied with this new A50s after using 2 M series devices. 

Repeating same points with my first impressions sorry for this.
  • ONEUI : Only thing i missed most in M30s is oneui. M30s having oneui core and device specific features i always missed some basic functionalities like clipboard, screen recorder, native goodlock support etc. Also i think the optimisation is different with oneui & oneui core.
  • Knox : A added feature basically i didn't missed but in this price and compared to many other M, F series devices in midrange is a good addon. Missed Spass the most compared to Spay & secure folder. Having that back feels good🙂🙂
  • CAMERA : basically I'm not into photography but use my device camera mostly for documents only so i can say that details are good in A50s compared to M30s having same pixels. Also the saving in 48mp is instant whereas M30s used to take 4-5 sec which i hated most to use 48mp in M30s. Not only this i asked my friend to compare samples with his M51 and he too said that details are good in this also used some technical terms related to camera i didn't understand 😅😅 Overall in comparing with M30s, M21 & M51 A50s has upper hand in both indoor & outdoor lighting. Front camera needs some improvements but not that bad as in M30s.
  • RAM Management : Sometimes I feel like ram management is not good in this device. Having 4gb varient with avg of 2.4gb ram & max 2.8gb consumption gaming lags sometimes. Some apps even stuck while switching between.. So, Na to this and hope they fix it in future updates. 
  • No other system issues like random restarts, hotspot, wifi, bt etc
  • There is some heating while gaming.
  • NETWORK : Which is my major concern in M30s and users commenting that its my network provider issues but now i have no issues in A50s. Been repeating this from long and saying this again S9, S10 lite, J7 prime, ON Nxt and vivo V15 pro none of these devices at home has issues. Only M30s has this problem. Having CA out of the box is big advantage in this price range where many M, F series devices lack. 4k videos with Jio plays without buffering (an example because M30s struggled to play 480p).
  • CONNECTIVITY : Having 50mbps BB speed never got it full in M30s on 5ghz network used to get 20-30mbps max this issue started after oneui 2 update. Same issues faced by my friend with M51 ( made a dedicated post on this). But now with A50s never gone below 46mbps in one month on same 5ghz network. This is not exaggeration but truth. BT headsets seems to work fine never got issues in range, calling, connection or any. Hotspot ofcourse works.
  • BATTERY BACKUP : After removing some apps i don't use & apps almost equal to apps i had in M30s but some addon apps like Knox apps, bixby routines, edge lighting etc in A50s I'm getting 11+ hrs of SoT 11.5hrs max on full charge. This is really a surprise to me as i used to get 12hrs to 12.5hrs max SoT in M30s which i used to think good. Software optimisation & no network issues is the reason i guess. 
Dedicated post : 

Settings i follow :

Deep sleep drain : One thing i observed is on regular usage deep sleep drain (overnight 12am-7am) is just 1% when battery is more than 25 before sleeping. And 4-5% when battery is below 25. Even while using devic battery below 25 drains quicker than usual i tried calibrating but still has this. This can be fixed with update. 

• Charging : On Avg 0-100% takes 1hr 30min in fast charging and 1hr 40min in cable charging.

• Software : Good software experience in this midrange device with useful apps like Edge lighting & panel, screen recorder, knox apps, link to windows and most importantly bixby routines. Goodlock routines was my favourite app in S9 this really feels good having that in this device too.. 
Device came with oneui 2 August Security out of the box if i recall i have to apply only one update i.e September security update and no updates from then. Hopefully 2.5 with November will be released soon as rollout started in many countries. Eligible for oneui 3 according to Samsung policy so no need to worry atleast for 1 year about updates. 

• SAR Value : Less the SAR value less the radiation i agree but having it so less also causes network issues according to some articles and a fact. So, M30s having Max head SAR = 0.468 W/Kg maybe one of the reason of network issues i faced ( i guess). A50s has 0.769 W/Kg. (This is my guess according to some articles i read about SAR a long ago).

CONCLUSION : With my experience with M30s, M21 and my friends experience with M51 this is definitely a good device in many aspects compared to them.

This is just my experience & opinion with my type of usage. This will definately differ with others. 🙂🙂

A50s first impressions : 

22 Comments
Dhurbraj
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
battery drain problems 50 s
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
depends on personal usage brother i removed some system apps and you can see that dedicated post i mentioned in this post.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
btw SoT you are getting?
0 Likes
Solution
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
I am also very happy with my A50s🔥🔥
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
🙂🙂
0 Likes
Solution
bhola69
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
im using a30s
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy A
Same bro, I had m30s sold that and got A50s for 12500 on BBD sale. Except the ram management, this phone is awesome. Waiting for the one UI 2.5 update. Hope they solve this issue in the next update. Worth every penny.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
yup 🙂🙂.
2.5 released in vietnam followed by Philippines, thailand, Malaysia.
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy A
UI 2.5 update has UI glitches in gesture.
0 Likes