Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A50s vs M30s

(Topic created on: 10-24-2020 01:29 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy A
As you all know I'm M30s 6gb+128gb user and i bought it @13,499 during Amazon sale in January 2020.
Before that i was S9 user.

So, recently in flipkart BBD sale i bought A50s 4gb+128gb @12,599 because i thought deal was good.

Voilet :

Black :

As price was almost same i want to compare both.

PROS:
  • ONEUI :
 Full fledged oneui not core.
As a former S9 user i always missed some basic features like bixby, goodlock, most importantly clipboard service so i have to use MS swiftkey in M30s. Screen Recorder inbuilt. 

• Knox Security :
 Ofcourse knox security and because of oneui i can use all knox apps like Spay, Secure folder, Spass etc which i missed lot in M30s.

• Camera :
 I never liked 48mp mode in M30s because it takes more time to save and the quality is also not great so i always use normal mode. But in A50s saving in 48mp mode is instant and the quality in low light is also great compared to M30s.

• RAM Management :
 Though it has 4gb ram i didn't feel any difference coming from 6gb ram of M30s. The average ram consumption is 2.1gb and max i saw was 2.4gb till now. Whereas M30s with recent update became worst and gone max to 4.8gb with average 3.2gb 

• Security :
 Out of the box i got August security and i have to apply only one update i.e September security update. 

• Network Issues :
 I used to face lot of network issues in M30s. But now no issues as of now and I'm getting stable & Constant 16mbps browsing speed and at night even raise upto 30mbps.
CA out of the box.

4k video in YT vanced playing at 14+ mbps speed without buffering and M30s struggled to play 480p videos..

So i want to clarify to those who always came to posts and say it is network providers issue see this and say it again. Its a new device right check my previous posts i kept SS of S9, 3yr old J7 prime, ON Nxt and vivo V15 pro. Only M30s has issues.
  • Battery :
 Unlike M30s out of the box battery capacity i got was 3875mah tested with 3 cycles. Whereas M30s out of the box got only 5200mah. Backup i got on full discharge was 8-9hrs with 2hrs game play and other stuff. Idk it is good or not other A50s users have to confirm but i feel good.
  • Charging :
 1hr 30min in fast charge and 2hrs in cable charge. Again other A50s users have to confirm but i feel good.
  • Software :
 A50s released with pie so this is eligible for oneui 3 so no worries about software updates upto one year.
  • Manufacture :
 I thought flipkart is selling leftover old stock at low price but not. I got both devices manufactured in September 2020 itself. 

• Because of oneui now i can use my favorite apps bixby routines, link to windows, inbuilt screen Recorder etc 😀😀
CONS :
  • Not much. But just i feel mobile is getting hot within 5min of gameplay also wcc3 which i have no such issues in M30S & S9.
  • It is me or all new A50s user idk but the google system security is from February in both devices idk why.

• I apllied tamper glass and fingerprints are not fast and gives error sometimes. 

I ordered on 17oct and delivered on oct 20. So this is my experience with just 4days. Treat this as my first impressions and not complete review. 

Conclusion :

With my usage and for my usage i feel "smart" phone + power bank is >>>>>>>>>>>>> powerbank dibba phone 😂😂
Fan boys Don't get offended this is just my view.

11 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Great Post bro !
As expected from you , to the point , no nonsense, real stuff.
Hopefully it will help people to decide.

View solution in context

Solution
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yes A50s is awesome phone💥

View solution in context

Solution
Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

lol.. powerbank dibba phone 🤣🤣  Apt name for M series 😂😂

View solution in context

Solution
Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

I thought flipkart is cheating 😢😢 now i feel i missed the deal now its price is 14,999. Should i go for it?

View solution in context

Solution
axbhay
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
wait for diwali sale . the price may reduce and also u will get bank offer

View solution in context

Solution
Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

okay then i will wait for diwali and decide which one either this or A51 😁😁

View solution in context

Solution
Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

yaa anything other than M series.. ✌✌

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
axbhay
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
good news for you diwali sale is on 29th and 28th is for plus member

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
KritikVarma
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I am also using M30s and facing a lot of issues. My mom is using J7 Prime and there's no network issues and J7 prime network is much better than M30s. M30s camera app doesn't have basic functions of changing fps for video recording and pro mode is of no use. no function to change shutter speed. I realised that M series phones are not good for advanced users.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
you might have gone for 6️⃣ Gb variant since you plan to use it for the long run. I'm planning to upgrade to M51 since battery life is very important to me but I'm seeing a lot of a user complaining about the device in the form regarding the network issue, overheating, etc. I don't know how Samsung managed to screw up the device with a snapdragon SOC

Anyway excellent review. keep it coming 👏

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
0 Likes
21 Comments
Solution
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Great Post bro !
As expected from you , to the point , no nonsense, real stuff.
Hopefully it will help people to decide.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
thanks 🙂🙂
Solution
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yes A50s is awesome phone💥
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
hey bro you have A50s ?
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
yes
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
what is the month of Google play system security you have ?
0 Likes
Solution
Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

lol.. powerbank dibba phone 🤣🤣  Apt name for M series 😂😂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
yaa... 😂😂
Solution
Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

I thought flipkart is cheating 😢😢 now i feel i missed the deal now its price is 14,999. Should i go for it?