Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

SD Card issues since last A10 update

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 06:02 PM)
AtimicBomb
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
My phone shows "sd card not inserted" or "can't write to sd card". I've removed and reinserted the sd card, and I've restarted the phone. These actions solved the problem for a short time and then "sd card not inserted" or "can't write to sd card".
9 Comments
Milo2buds
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Are you sure it's not your SD card that's at fault? I've had the issue before on a different phone brand and i later found out it was my SD card that was faulty
0 Likes
AtimicBomb
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
the sd card worked perfectly before the update
Renske
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
i have the same issue with my a31. after these messages, my phone restarts itself
Solution
Milo2buds
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Ok well i have a solution that might help. Transfer all the data on ur sd card to a computer if u have one. Then go to settings> device care> storage> select the sd card and format it. If u format it without having backups of ur data u will lose it.
0 Likes
Milo2buds
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I made a mistake. After u go into storage go into advanced then the SD option and select format
0 Likes
AtimicBomb
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
I already tried that. after a few minutes it shows not inserted"
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy A

Hi 

If the issue still persist, you may have to take the device to the service center for a software reload: 

Please visit the link below to locate a service center near you :

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
Milo2buds
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Might be a software bug then that should most likely be fixed after a short while. Im sure Samsung is aware of the problem and is working on fixing it. I don't have any other guesses to what it can be
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
hi, if the device can't read your SD card you better replace it. if the software or hardware was faulty, it would not respond to the SD card error but if it says its not inserted it means nothing is being read as an SD card there, replace it
0 Likes