Original topic:

Request for widevine L1 certification.

(Topic created on: 07-24-2020 11:09 AM)
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hey everyone,

As we all know samsung has deliberately removed the widevine L1 certificate after the June security update without mentioning it in the release notes.

I request every samsung user here to complain by any means (mail/chat/whatsapp/call/reports) atleast once so that the samsung might acknowledge this huge problem. And if possible ask them once everyday through whatsapp (its the easiest way) regarding this issue.

Right now they just reply blatantly that we are working on this issue but when I ask them will this be reverted in the coming update, they just say we have no information regarding this.
Its been over a month since the update.

I recently bought A50s for the purpose of multimedia, but now I feel cheated by the company.

So, its a request to all community members.
25 Comments
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Update

After doing loads of complaints and talks with customer care, they finally said that this issue will resolved in next update.
Thank you everyone for your support.
Samsung_5qv8bXc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi i am facing a similar issue in my Samsung m30s can't stream in Hd on Netflix and prime though in my other phone Samsung a50s there's still L1 (phone updated with latest September release)

The September release for m30s hasn't resolved the issue

0 Likes
vas282027
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
exynos9611 can play hd after new update. update your software to latest
0 Likes
ArshJeet
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Same issue in had bought the 4k hdr plan my netflix is showing Widevine L3 and DRM info app is showing Widevine L1 Samsung do you think this is right?
0 Likes
ArshJeet
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
SeeScreenshot_20210520-231824_Netflix.jpgScreenshot_20210520-231818_DRM.jpg
0 Likes
Nru09
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Same issue now in A33 5g, drm info says L1, Netflix app show L3, and other apps don't play HD prime only play SD. Youtube does not go beyond 1080p. Any help is much appreciated.
0 Likes