Original topic:

Request for widevine L1 certification.

(Topic created on: 07-24-2020 11:09 AM)
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hey everyone,

As we all know samsung has deliberately removed the widevine L1 certificate after the June security update without mentioning it in the release notes.

I request every samsung user here to complain by any means (mail/chat/whatsapp/call/reports) atleast once so that the samsung might acknowledge this huge problem. And if possible ask them once everyday through whatsapp (its the easiest way) regarding this issue.

Right now they just reply blatantly that we are working on this issue but when I ask them will this be reverted in the coming update, they just say we have no information regarding this.
Its been over a month since the update.

I recently bought A50s for the purpose of multimedia, but now I feel cheated by the company.

So, its a request to all community members.
RockKrish
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hey @Harsh0199 , could you please share that chat screenshots where samsung told you that they removed L1 certification because of during streaming handset was heating.
0 Likes
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
@RockKrish I did not get that response from the customer care.
Their are many threads by the members you can check here that says the same.
0 Likes
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
look at my set a50s
0 Likes
Prashijs
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
As am a user of A50s I've beem complaining through WhatsApp, Samsung members app, Error report. Most of the support engineers doesn't even know the problem is going on and they are not ready to acknowledge the issue. They just divert to do clear cash, clear data or Reset. it's a total stupidity everyone knew this has been removed via OTA update and they insist us to visit customer care total **bleep**. at least they would've admit that this issue will be rectified soon or something positive response from the Samsung side..
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I feel it's more to do from netflix side...see the attachment....I have L1 support from Samsung...
0 Likes
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
No bro,
First thing its not the thing only with the netflix. Same happens with prime, zee5, jiocinema etc.
also I had a chat with netflix support, they cleary stated that they are playing what the device has certified.
0 Likes
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
then i dont know who is at fault.....
0 Likes
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
but then look at this it says L3 ....but then it should be L1...so its Netflix who has to do right?
0 Likes
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Its the same for all device
but I think its because when the phone was launched it had L1 which the DRM app shows but they removed it through ota update which the DRM app doesn't shows.
0 Likes
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
it says L1 on my device
0 Likes