Original topic:

Request for widevine L1 certification.

(Topic created on: 07-24-2020 01:53 PM)
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hey everyone,

As we all know samsung has deliberately removed the widevine L1 certificate after the June security update without mentioning it in the release notes.

I request every samsung user here to complain by any means (mail/chat/whatsapp/call/reports) atleast once so that the samsung might acknowledge this huge problem. And if possible ask them once everyday through whatsapp (its the easiest way) regarding this issue.

Right now they just reply blatantly that we are working on this issue but when I ask them will this be reverted in the coming update, they just say we have no information regarding this.
Its been over a month since the update.

I recently bought A50s for the purpose of multimedia, but now I feel cheated by the company.

So, its a request to all community members.
25 Comments
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
People complained that device was slightly heating during streaming movies or YouTube so Samsung removed L1 certification for A50s and M30s.
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Then why didn't mentioned it on the release note during the update so that the user has choice whether to update or not.
Also, there customer service isn't saying what you have told.
0 Likes
punshu
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
samsung is a cheater company. alwar making false promises.
chitti1998
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
file a case on this issue.
Samsung_juECZmZ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I'm using galaxya50  recently i came accross the same issu . in netflix plaback spe it says  l3 . in drm info app it say l1. even innetflix hd support list my model is listed  do u have  any idea from july patch update they resolve this.

Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
The Netflix hd support list may be not updated.
and they have not solved the problem in the July update also hence the issue
0 Likes
chitti1998
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
In A50 it is showing L1 certification only.
0 Likes
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
all major samsung has L1 but netflix has to provide the same....its not our handset fault
0 Likes
Harsh0199
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Bro they have have removed the certification after the update.
Someone got a reply from customer care that they removed because the phones were heating a lot during HD streaming.
also I can give you screen shot of chat with amazon prime and Netflix. Its clear from their end.
And its just not problem with Netflix. It happens with zee5 JioCinema as well.
0 Likes