Original topic:

Regarding charging

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 08:15 AM)
senthu1996
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Is it best to charge my mobile to 100% or to remove at 80 %and at what percentage I have recharge it again
12 Comments
Galaxy A
It's better if you can charge it to 100% But if you really want to unplug it, it's ok to unplug it after 80%. But Don't do it often. It's good to plug in 15%
senthu1996
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
usually I charge my mobile when its reach 20% until its comes to 100% but I read out an article it's not good to charge for an long time until its comes to 100 it will reduce the battery performance it's better to remove at 80%
Galaxy A
When you fully charge your phone one time, it will complete one cycle. one cycle means 0 to 100. Battery health depends on cycles. Normal smartphone battery (Li-Po) has 300-500 cycles.
senthu1996
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
so after this cycle finish the battery performances will be reduced
senthu1996
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
so if I charge to 80 -90 percent the cycle will not complete know
Sham12145
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
1st factory reset your device. next *#0228# quick start > ok
next *#9900# calibrate battery
0 Likes
Sham12145
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
then isn't battery drain problem in my device but have slow charging problem
0 Likes
Dilsan_05
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Yes. There is charging cycle limit. When it starts to exceed Battery performance will REDUCE.
MiyuruG
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Charging beyong 80 stresses the battery and would sometimes overheat it. It's better to plug in at 20% uptill 80% this would last the battery 3 times more than the normal lifespan since it would not use 1 full battery cycle either.. If this is followed the battery wearout would be 0.22 cycles per charge.

Also make sure to re calibrate the battery once a month that means draining it down fully till battery is 0% then charging it back to 100% this would ensure the health of the battery.