Original topic:

Reason for delay in updates for A71

(Topic created on: 01-28-2021 10:56 PM)
JayAgarwal
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Guys, I think we are facing delay in updates as compared other samsung product because we have snapdragon processor and others have exynos. Therefore, to make the update compatible with snapdragon they're taking time.

I believe in samsung and hope to get strong and stable update soon.

And also I think security patch is coming before 31st January.
11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
I think updates have almost nothing to do with processors...
0 Likes
JayAgarwal
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
That's not true, every brand processor have different codes to perform on different commands, software and hardware have to be compatible.

Best example could be apple m1 chip in there macbook, m1 chip is just like intel i9 but because it's more compatible in the ios ecosystem it performs better.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
think in terms of phones bro... every processor is developed for android phones... you are comparing two different OS... All our phones run on Android for which these processors are made...
0 Likes
JayAgarwal
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I'm just saying that exynos processor are more compatible with samsung devices and are easy to configure for samsung that's why they get updates early, when compared to other Samsung devices with snapdragon processors.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
that might be true...
novadata
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
overall buying Samsung a71 was a big mistake
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
haha
0 Likes
Raj0507
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
right
0 Likes
Galaxy A
same case was in F41 but they got android 11 update. i think samsung will give android phone 11 update to a71 users nxt
0 Likes