Original topic:

RAM Management on A50

(Topic created on: 04-27-2019 12:13 AM)
hariomchaturvedi
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A

This is Samsung A50's ram management. Can't believe I purchased this mobile for 19500. After Clearing every background apps. I get mighty 1.3 gb of RAM Available out of 4gb. So 2.7 gb ram(67.5%) is vanished by Lord Thanos. Please @Samsung give update for RAM Management. I know your Fingerprint Sensor will always be trash. But kindly improve phone's performance. UI is lagging. Camera is average (Below my expectations, since it has 25mp). 
Galaxy A
So J7 prime(3gb) and A50(4gb) got same available RAM. Fine. Do you own A50?
0 Likes
Bonanto
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
"Free" RAM never make any sense to the performance. Performance depends on the speed of RAM.
Total amount of RAM defines, how many applications you can keep open in background and the larger amount of RAM, lager the app you can run... Like a huge game. ... But "available" ram never make sense. System clears RAM automatically by killing earliest apps loaded, whenever any app requires space on RAM. If any amount of RAM is free, the space is wasted.

3 GB RAM can hold lesser apps than 4 GB in the background... And any app, processes data more than 3GB data at a time (not even photoshop in a PC) will slow down due to RAM shortage.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
It does. Yesterday I was playing pubg and I got a message in Facebook messenger. Went to open that Facebook Messenger and pop appeared that "Clear your device RAM" and then Facebook Messenger didn't open. I had to close pubg after game got over. So multi tasking is nightmare here. I'm asking again. Do you own A50? More available RAM definitely help Multitasking
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
its simple this is 2019 buy 6gb ram verient bcs every app got powerful so they will observe more ram lol
0 Likes
Galaxy A
4 gb does well. My brother have RN7 pro and he gets 2.1gb of Available ram. So the problem is definitely with Samsung.
0 Likes
Preet11
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
I have 6gb variant. by default it has only 1.9 gb free RAM
0 Likes
varinder87
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
don't know about pie but i am getting 1.9 out of 3gb on my honor 9 lite with oreo and 1.6 gb out of 4gb on samsung a30 with pie.
Galaxy A
1.9 out of 3gb? **wow**. Bro A7 do provide 1.9gb of RAM out of 4gb which is decent. But 1.6/1.4/1.3 out of 4gb is absolutely poor.
0 Likes
Soumen3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Yes bro.A 50 takes very much ram...i am also using a50.i have only 1.2gb free ram that is very very bad

0 Likes
varinder87
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
actually Huawei is strict in ram management and doesn't allow 3rd party app to run in background when locked and optimize the os according to kirin soc.
0 Likes