Original topic:

Problem with Netflix since the update to Android 11 Samsung a40

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 01:23 AM)
K125sx
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hello

My a40 was running fine than the update to Android 11 came and it messed it up..

Netflix and prime were freezing and crashing. I already disabled HD playback on prime and now it works fine,but Netflix is still crashing. I already reinstalled the app and it didnt help :(

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Kind regards 

52 Comments
KCvZ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Same problems here. Factory reset. Updated every app I had problems with. Nothing works...

0 Likes
HarryDaBosS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

YouTube is OK? if you dont mind could you please upload video?

0 Likes
SddBel
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Solved (temporarely untill update to Android 12) by disabling the webview app.

Settings 》apps》

Search webview

Disable it

Netflix works again

0 Likes
HarryDaBosS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

after disable webview no reset at all? 

0 Likes
KCvZ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

YouTube is the only video app that works. 

Disabbeling Webview did not work on my phone...

0 Likes
vasilena85
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Seriously? I was swearing netflix app and Chrome but the actual issue was the forced android 11 update??? Get your **bleep***** together and fix this ASAP! 

0 Likes
YCWebb
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Was there ever a solution offered to this? I'm still struggling with Netflix and I've done everything. I've given up trying and started watching stuff on our spare Nokia phone coz this is so annoying!

0 Likes
rmoorhouse
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi YCWebb

The below solution fixed Netflix/Google Movies/Amazon Prime Video playback issues on my a40:

Abhishek13892
Expert Level 1
OPTIONS
Galaxy M

You should do these things and to resolve just follow these steps you will get solve your problem,
1- Open App setting on top right by tapping 3 dot click on reset app preference
2- Open again app setting and click on ONE UI HOME and Open Storage clear cach and data too and going one step back and again Open ONE UI and click on forse stop.

Now your Home UI will be reset and one by one use app and will work your app properly.

Accept me as solution by clicking on 3 dots on my comment if I have given you right solution and it works for you, That motivates us rmoorhouse_0-1620082569150.png

rmoorhouse_1-1620082569151.png

rmoorhouse_2-1620082569149.png

0 Likes
rmoorhouse
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Sorry that doesn't fix the problem. It worked for about 2 hours. Then Netflix/Google Movies/Amazon Prime video crashes / freezing came back again.

Not buying Samsung garbage again.  Sell you a phone then force shoddy update on you that bricks your phone and then they do nothing about it.

AlysonV
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A

I have similar problem and tried reinstalling netflix to no avail.  Very frustrating.