Original topic:

Poor Signal and Extremely Slow Data on Samsung Galaxy A50

(Topic created on: 01-17-2020 04:54 PM)
afisb
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I'm facing an issue with my phone's (Galaxy A50) network signal and internet speed. I bought my A50 in July 2019 and I love the UI and the feel of it but the network has serious issues. Where my old phone (a Motorola) has 3 or 4 bars, my Samsung A50 has 1 or 2 bars. I used to load Instagram within seconds with my old phone and now mine takes minutes. (On the exact same network. Pages load much slower and downloads take about 3 times longer) I used to think maybe it's an issue with the 3G/4G bands but I checked and this Samsung has every band my old phone had (and even more bands). I can't understand what the issue is. My phone is dual SIM and I tried taking out one SIM to see if the other would work faster but nothing changed. I'm at a complete loss. Can anyone advise?

This seems to be a problem with all A50s and not just my phone. Why would Samsung keep selling such a defective phone insisting nothing is wrong? 

9 Comments
vivek006
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes A50 has network/data speed issue in almost all devices, I suggest you to reset network settings and see if that helps.
Settings - General management - reset - network network settings - restart your device.
This method might not solve the complete problem but upto an extent.
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try to manually set the APN and network. Try to replace sim also.
Galaxy A

Hi there,

We would suggest you to follow the mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1) Ensure that network frequency of your device is selected on Auto-mode.

Settings > Connections > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select Auto mode (GSM/WCDMA/LTE)

2) Search for the Network Manually by the steps as mentioned:

Settings > Connections > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Select Manual Search. 

3) Check via another SIM card in the device.

4) Reset network settings (Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings).

Note: Kindly once coordinate with the network service provider,

If still issue persists, kindly visit nearest service center for physical inspection of your device. Service center personnel will provide you the further resolution.
Follow the link mentioned below-

http://www.samsung.com/in/support/servicelocation/

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
JerinVincent
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Tried everything to increase the speed... Worst experience from Samsung. Service center guys don't know what to do. Do you have any permanent solution for this problem dear samsung .Or do you want us to throw our A50 (costs or 20,000 bucks) to the garbage?
Tejesh06
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Hello, Samsung not only one person facing the issue. I think all most members facing with same issues. I think my 20000rs wasted to buying this Samsung a50

0 Likes
Hassan1706
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I had same signal issues as if I am in a little low strength signal area the voice started breaking and was not able to use mobile data. So here is what I did that solved my problem. Go to setting than connection than mobile networks. In mobile networks there is a option voLTE Calls. That option was turned on in my mobile. I just turned this option off and my mobile started working back to normal. This option is called voice over LTE. This problem occurred in my phone after a automatic software update. Please try turning off voLTE calls option in your phone and that may help you too to fix this problem.  Thanks

Boruch
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Hello, I had the same problem.

I've been reading all these very interesting comments and advice.

I went to the choice of Auto 2G 3-g & I set it to 3 G & my internet is working fast now.

0 Likes
AKHIL1994
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Iam getting slow network in my mobile
0 Likes
Tejesh06
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Same issue I am also facing.

0 Likes