Original topic:

Poor RAM management

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 05:06 PM)
Sayanjit
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hey Samsung India,

In my device Samsung Galaxy A6+ I noticed there is very poor ram management functions. If I switch on my device and check the space how much RAM left I noticed there is 1.3 or 1.2 GB ram available and If I use any application like whatapp that time 1 GB RAM is available for use. Why such kind of low ram is available if I don't use any application out of 4GB ram? Why you guzy don't optimize our device carefully? Why you push bug update in our device? I already reset my device and check it again the result is same as well as I visited to the service center and upgrade a new software but the result is same because you guyz don't optimize the OS.

Learn from others company how they optimize there device. You guyz sell your device in high range and don't give us value for money specifications and for your unoptimize OS our devices goes become slow down day by day. 

Please fix this ram management problem as soon as possible and do the better optimize in the android 10 OS.

Thanks.
7 Comments
Subbiee
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
You clearly don't understand how RAM works on Android. Any amount of RAM that is not being used by the android OS is a waste. As long as there are no slowdowns/lags, whether you have 1.3GB free RAM or 0.3GB free RAM doesn't matter. There are many sources available on internet that explains why having lesser free RAM is NOT a bad thing, especially since smartphones these days have 4GB of RAM at least. We don't live in the era of 256/512GB RAM devices anymore. https://www.androidpit.com/ram-management-on-android
0 Likes
Sayanjit
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Brother when less ram is available that time automatically your device run slow. If you play any game that time or use any application that time the response time is slow because they didn't get sufficient ram to do the freely work. Like if you do any work without any hesitation by using your two hands that time you take less time but if you have any issue in your one hand and you do the same work with your one hand you take definitely extra time for this work to do complete. Think properly brother RAM management is a big function for the android if this is not necessary then others brand don't waist there time for optimize there device and they don't take care of the RAM management. Do you know what type of RAM using of Mobile? There is using LPDDR RAM and there is also some category like LPDDR 1, LPDDR 2, LPDDR3 Now the latest one is LPDDR4 I think for the mobile. Before comment know properly and use the same specifications mobile in other brand. 4GB RAM is not a small amount RAM why it's take too much RAM usage for running the android? Others brand also in same specifications that phone doesn't take that amount of RAM which take only on Samsung. Because Samsung devices is not properly optimise One UI is not properly optimise it's heavy that's why RAM management is so bad in Samsung device.
Subbiee
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
1. The example that you gave with "using two hands" applies to how processors handle multi-threaded tasks, not RAM management

2. If a device's RAM is nearly full and you launch an app that requires more RAM than what is readily available, the OS will automatically kill background tasks to make room for the newly launched app. It takes less than a fraction of a second and it isn't humanly possible to see a difference.
If anything, Samsung was notorious for its aggressive RAM management - meaning Samsung devices would unnecessarily kill background processes/clear out the RAM even when there was plenty of RAM available which was counter-intuitive. To my knowledge, this trend started with Note 4 and even my S6 suffered from this aggressive RAM management until it got updated to Marshmallow.

3. What does the type of RAM has to do with anything? DDR4 is the current standard for both smartphones and computers. Mobile devices use a low powered ("LP") version of the DDR4 standard while computers use the full-fledged version

4. If anything, the Snapdragon 450 processor on your A6+ is the real bottleneck here because that's not a very capable processor and Samsung did a **bleep***tty job by using it on the A6/A6+.

I use a A7 (2018) now which also has 4GB RAM but a superior processor than Snapdragon 450 and I've never seen it noticibly slow down or lag even with heavy usage and gaming.
The RAM idles at around 1.2-1.3GB free and even with PUBG running in the background, around 830MB still remains unused
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Snapdragon 450 is entry level chip for 5k rupees devices
Subbiee
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Exactly. But Samsung, in their infinite wisdom, decided to use it on a so called mid-range device
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy A

Hi there,

We would like to inform you that the heavy application or the files in the device will consume the RAM of the device. so we request you to kindly clean the cache of the RAM in the device. your internal memory fills up with the apps you use most often. It then needs to be partially cleared up. So please perform the below mentioned step to clean up the RAM:

> Stop the background running app (Tap on the left soft key and close all the running apps).

> Check the RAM of the device and clean it (Setting> Device Care>Storage> clean now).

Further, we have noted down the feedback regarding ram management feature in Samsung device.

Providing a continued great experience is our first priority. We would take this feedback for further improvements in our upcoming launches.

Regards,

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
Sayanjit
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hey Samsung India

All those are done by me previously before post this problem. I know how to use the handset and all technical things I know very well. That's why my device is still running and I think I should know some extra and I have some extra knowledge from your Technical support team. So if you have some better resolution please provide me. This things are very common and who have technical knowledge they do first those things which you mentioned in your comments.

Thanks.