Original topic:

PPI

(Topic created on: 11-24-2019 08:29 PM)
dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
@Samsung
Please explain the ratio of PPI & size of display. Bigger the display lesser the PPI wl be?
Also explain term *Water Drop Notch* n *Bezel Free Display*. 
2 Comments
knighty
Active Level 7
Galaxy A

PPI = Pixels Per Inch. The density of pixels of a display. Every display has different size of pixels. Also various native resolutions for various displays.

There are some of the factors:

• Pixel size
  • Display technology
  • Geographical layout of Pixels
  • Display dimensions

It is not that easy to compare everything but in general: High resolution at the same display size = more PPI. The same resolution on a bigger display = lower PPI.

Water drop notch is just a notch in shape of a water-drop. There is no defined shape. Just a marketing name.

Bezel free display is display without frames. When it's right in front of you, you cannot see anything else apart from the display. There are no phones with true bezel free displays. 

dmjoshi
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Thks. I know what PPI is. Just wanted to knw whether with increase of size of display, PPI gets reduced. Thks for describing water drop notch n bezel free display. I had already searched for it in Google n came to knw. But thanks once again.
Can you suggest me a very nice application for Answering Machine n lock screen stories
0 Likes