Original topic:

October 2021 Security Update BREAKS 3rd Party App Camera Controls on Galaxy A51

(Topic created on: 01-14-2022 04:48 PM)
drivetheory
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Ever since my Samsung Galaxy A51 installed the October 01, 2021 Security Update apps that use the camera (OpenCamera, Lightroom, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc) have a SIGNIFICANT shutter delay, up to almost 2 seconds in some cases (each app has a different delay)....

HOWEVER, the built-in Camera app only has a ~0.2 second shutter delay when the shutter button is pressed.

I have tested & documented the problem i am describing by using a camera on a tripod, pointing it at my phone, starting video recording, then pointing my phone at a digital stopwatch, starting the stopwatch counting and recording me simply pressing the shutter button and seeing what the delay is based on the stopwatch displayed time in the photo vs the time displayed on the phone screen when the camera shutter button was pressed.

I have FACTORY RESET the phone, backing-up NO DATA except my contacts and this did NOT solve the problem or alleviate the detrimental conditions what so ever.

3 Comments
drivetheory
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Video #1, Default (Samsung) Camera App

Video #2, OpenCamera

Video #3, WhatsApp

0 Likes
drivetheory
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

For Open Camera, changing the API the app uses to the newer "Camera2" API solves the problem.

Sadly, the option to change the camera API does not exist in the many other affected apps...

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support 

0 Likes