Original topic:

Not connecting to 5G router

(Topic created on: 02-22-2020 05:21 PM)
kanari212
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

Hello, 
I got recently samsung A20 S, and while trying to connect it to my 5G router , it wont appear , meaning the name of my wifi wont appear. So am unable to connect. 
In same time all my other devices are connected perfectly. 

So is there I can do so I could connected my A20 S
24 Comments
Galaxy A
Dear, I am not 100% sure whether galaxy A20S Supports 5Ghz Wi-Fi or not (I am not talking about 4G or 5G routers, what I meant is the frequency in which Wi-Fi operates).

Usually Wi-Fi works in 2 bands, 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz.
All smartphones will work on 2.4 Ghz while 5 Ghz is supported by some devices only.

Go to your router setup page and make sure its in 2.4 Ghz, or if your Wi-Fi supports dual band, then turn on both the bands so that devices will automatically connect to the desired band.
kanari212
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
got it thank you, it seems so far that A20S not supported by 5G band But when I change the router to 2.4 it did show up and connected.

the Qus now if I change the router to 2.4 would it effect the speed ?
0 Likes
digitalshiva
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Yes, It would slow down your speed ! An expensive phone like Samsung S9 does not support 5Ghz!

0 Likes
AnandAbraham
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Galaxy S9 supports 5GHz WiFi. Mine is connected to it.

0 Likes
Ace_of_DiscaL
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Then DO NOT reply here until you own one! You will be reported.

0 Likes
Samsung_3S7EIcO
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Same with Galaxy m11

0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I think there is a dual mode to activate both 2.4 and 5 Ghz.
the benefits with 5ghz is you can can better speed but the range of the signal is shorter while the 2.4 ghz uts range is longer but the speed may be less.
0 Likes
kanari212
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
how can I activate it on Samsung?
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
you can activate the dual band on the router settings page.
check on the rear side of the router the login page address + user name + password
0 Likes