Did you mean: 

Original topic:

No update

(Topic created on: 08-08-2022 01:37 PM)
shireen13
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
Can somebody from Samsung please respond here, how it the updates rolled out? My A22 4G did not get this update yet?? Why? 
7 Comments
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy A

Hi shireen13

Thank you for reaching out to us and apologies for the inconvenience.

Please note that software updates are rolled out in batches and the rollout is region and model dependent, once available for your model you will receive an update to install the software.

0 Likes
shireen13
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I've been getting this response for over 2months.
0 Likes
shireen13
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
After the update is released. How long does it take for the models to get the update? A year???
0 Likes
F23G
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Tsogo_sam05, I agree with what Shireen 13 is saying. I,ve seen that standard cut and paste response numerous times on this forum, it's not good enough. Perhaps you can give us an overview of what "Batches" means. Is it by Service Providers or directly by Samsung? But the issue I have is that the dates published on this App are not being met, in some cases 2 month slippages. That is not acceptable for a World Class company. Am I right or am I correct? Please explain the process to the Samsung members or better still, post the methodology on the Members App, then we can try to understand this.
LemonCream
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Updates are first released on the more expensive phones (S series) going down to the A series, sort of like a ladder going down in prices. It is also released based on regions. European countries, Asian countries and American countries generally get updates first. Just for context, I have the S21 FE 5G and my updates come a month after countries in the Northern Hemisphere (My May update came in June). Even if you have a high end phone, depending on where you live will determine when you will get an update.
shireen13
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Thank you for the clarity. Appreciate it
0 Likes
F23G
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Sure, thanks for that 👍. But my issue with the major updates is that Samsung isn't sticking to the schedule they published on this Member's App.