Original topic:

My journey with Galaxy A71

(Topic created on: 02-14-2021 06:26 PM)
DisappointedUser
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I bought the Samsung A71 on 10th May 2020 offline at a price of ₹33,500 (more than its retail price). I was happy to see the "Manufactured In India" label. I had hoped the high price would pay off someday, but it was the opposite.

It has been a little less than 9 months of usage now, and I had to reset it 3 times. To give a fair comparison, my Oppo Reno 2Z is 14 months old and I haven't reset it even once till date.

The very first issue that happened right after a month was screen-flickering and abnormal screen lighting. The screen would have small stripes and big partitions underneath. Especially while using apps like Facebook or apps that use GPS, the issue became more severe. Even after reset the issue was not resolved, and I thought that I was given a defective device. A month later, the issue was resolved with a software update.

Another time my heart was in my mouth when the screen went black, although sound and vibrations could be heard underneath. The phone could receive calls which means it was working underneath. Restarting too didn't work. Fortunately it came back the next day. It was a proximity sensor issue. When I had disconnected the call, the screen had remained in black state and forgot to come back.

Yet another silly issue that happened was the mesh inside the earpiece came out. It was minor but there were chances of dust and moisture getting in. I manually put it back, and few months later I came across a Samsung Service Center in a mall, who fitted it back properly.

Despite this phone having 8GB Ram, seeing its performance, I've uninstalled all games as well heavy apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (adb) too keep minimal load on this phone. Hardly 5GB is used out of 8GB. 

Lately the issue of WiFi Calling with Jio occurred. VoWiFi automatically switches off for Jio Sim, but stays on for Airtel Sim. Changing slots doesn't change anything. To resolve the issue, one has to reset network settings every time. On contacting Samsung Support, they said that Reliance Jio has some limited number of triggers, exceeding which it automatically turns off. However, this issue doesn't happen with Oppo or Vivo. WiFi Calling for Jio stays on. So the problem lies with Samsung not Jio. 

The most recent issue was audio output. No audio came from the In-Call earpiece or the Speaker's below. The microphone too could not receive any audio. As a result of which I could not have any calls. Only when I pressed loudspeaker mode in the mid of a call, I could hear the other person, but they couldn't hear me. I had to reset again to make it become normal. What I suspect is, the phone is unable to detect Bluetooth Headset properly. I had bought OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z recently and was using with it. The issue started happening when the phone could not find the Wireless headphones in Bluetooth search. Turning off/on both the Headphones and Bluetooth on mobile didn't help. Multiple restarts too failed. It seems that, just like the proximity sensor had forgotten to toggle, similarly the Bluetooth too must have forgotten that the switch is off. This phone's software is really weird. After factory reset, I never paired the headphones again, waiting till the next Software Update. 

I commented the issues on certain YouTube videos on A71. I got replies as "iSheep", mistaken to be an iPhone user (when I detest iOS). I noticed that the complaints made on A71 and A51 were mainly from Indian users, whereas foreign users praised this phone. Then I realized that the "Manufactured In India" is the real issue here. It maybe the manufacturing unit in India, or the India ROM developers , or both. 

Here we trusted "Made In India" and "Non-Chinese" brands. 

"Hame toh apno ne dhoka diya,
 Gairon me kya dum tha. 
 Hamari nav wahan doobi, 
 Jahan paani kam tha." 

10 Comments
Galaxy A
As expected, Samsung's "Make in India" is a failure. Non-India A71 and A51 models have been manufactured well.
0 Likes