Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Message app problem

(Topic created on: 06-14-2021 07:33 AM)
PHENYO97
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Please help guys I can't send messages using this message app I can only receive text please help me😭🙏
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy A

Hi PHENYO97

If you're unable to send any SMS (text) messages to any contacts, but your phone is otherwise perfectly functional, it suggests that your network operator's message center number stored in your device's settings is either missing or wrong. Follow these steps to check, and if necessary correct, that number.

1. Switch to the Apps screen.
  2. Tap Messaging (you may need to swipe left or right to locate it first).
  3. Tap the 3-dot More key.
  4. Tap Settings.
  5. Tap More settings.
  6. Tap Text messages.

7. Locate Message center. Directly beneath it should be the message center phone number of your network operator. (Check your network operator's website for their message center number to compare). If the number on your phone is different, or missing, tap Message center, enter your network operator's message center number and then tap SET. Then try sending a text message.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Comment
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy A

Hi PHENYO97

If you're unable to send any SMS (text) messages to any contacts, but your phone is otherwise perfectly functional, it suggests that your network operator's message center number stored in your device's settings is either missing or wrong. Follow these steps to check, and if necessary correct, that number.

1. Switch to the Apps screen.
  2. Tap Messaging (you may need to swipe left or right to locate it first).
  3. Tap the 3-dot More key.
  4. Tap Settings.
  5. Tap More settings.
  6. Tap Text messages.

7. Locate Message center. Directly beneath it should be the message center phone number of your network operator. (Check your network operator's website for their message center number to compare). If the number on your phone is different, or missing, tap Message center, enter your network operator's message center number and then tap SET. Then try sending a text message.

View solution in context

0 Likes