Original topic:

Live Focus on objects

(Topic created on: 04-27-2020 11:07 AM)
Borkode
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Hello Everyone!

I have a Galaxy A30. So I wanted to ask if there is any way I can take live focus shots on objects instead of people. If you dont understand let me simplify.

When I take pics of people and faces live focus detects the objects and works well where as if I try to take photos of flowers or something else It wont work.

Please help me as soon as possible. Have a good day and stay safe!

Edit: Live focus works on objects when I take photos on my dad's Note 9 so that is why I am posting this as I want to find a way to get that on my A30.
4 Comments
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Borkode

Please try to reset your camera settings :

1. Open the camera.
2. Open Camera Settings.
3. Select Reset Settings

0 Likes
Borkode
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hello, Maps_sam07. Unfortunately it did not work and live focus still only works on faces and not objects. I forgot to mention before that when my phone is in live focus mode it has some text towards the top of the screen which says "Find a face". I have attached a screenshot showing that. Is there any way to change a setting where it will look for objects?

Thank you and have a good day!

Edit: If you can't see the screenshot attached, Please tell me as I will attach and Imgur link later.
0 Likes
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy A

Please try to clear cache, then perform a soft reset. If the issue still persist, you may have to take the device to the service center for an assessment. 

Please go to Settings>>Apps>> Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner>>Show System Apps>> camera >> Storage>> Clear Cache. 

Then 

please perform a soft reset of your device.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds

0 Likes
Borkode
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I tried doing both but still, Live focus does not work on objects. Please find another way. Thank you :)
0 Likes