Original topic:

Issue's after june Security update

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 07:25 PM)
v3nom
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
Hello, 
           After a brief analysis of the community it has come to my notice that many Users are facing an issue after the recent June security update. 

1) Battery drain issue

2) Network reception low

3) Phone lagging 

4) Overheating 

5) Phone Auto restarting.

6) Slow charging 

All these issues have  been noted which were given by the users on the community. Be assured the concerned team will be looking into these issues.

For any more issue/queries feel free to comment below your issue the Samsung BA team will get back to  you Asap.

Thank you. 

17 Comments
v3nom
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Kindly contact Netflix customer support as it has come to my notice it is an issue from there side.

Thank you.
0 Likes
A50Admin
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Yes low signal reception,
battery drain
slow charging
device hang sometimes
cannot use the microphone of any earphones in my device
did factory reset twice.
The problem came just after updating to the june update.
0 Likes
kishubisht
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I have purchased galaxy S20 and I am facing overheating issue since the beginning. Even I have the latest phone update installed.
can you pls let me know if Samsung is already working on overheating issue?. I see a lot of users have reported the heating issue in their S20 devices.
Pls help here with an update.
0 Likes
v3nom
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Yes Samsung is currently working on this issue.

Thank you.
0 Likes
kishubisht
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
i already have the july update installed, still samsung is figuring out?
As my device gets overheated frequently. Attaching the july update screenshot as well.
0 Likes
Rohan8865
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
just had chat with samsung on WhatsApp, they said Samsung has removed L1 from samsung devices since it was causing problem of heating and lagging. now Samsung has L3 for all devices.
0 Likes
Oldmanemu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Since a recent update on my s9, the network reception seems to be very bad. Normally when in low signal areas, which is most of the time, I still had no trouble with data downloading(Google etc).

Now it is very slow and sometimes doesn't load at all.

Is this a known issue?

0 Likes
v3nom
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Troubleshooting signal problems on Samsung

Fixing signal problems in a Samsung device, while not straightforward, is really simple. All you have to do is to do a set of troubleshooting steps to narrow down the factors. Below are the potential solutions that you can try to fix any network trouble you’re in.

Turn off Roaming.

If you’ve been on the road recently and not getting any network signal at all, it’s possible that Roaming feature may be on. Be sure to disable Roaming before trying to connect again. You can disable roaming under Settings>Connections>Mobile networks>Data roaming. 

Check for signal problems after reseating the SIM card.

Try disconnecting the SIM card and see if that will fix your Samsung signal problem. In order to avoid corrupting some data, be sure that the phone is off when you take out and reinsert the card. Dirty metallic contacts on the card can cause poor connection problems so try to wipe the card with a clean cloth before putting it back in. 

Reboot your device.

Restarting a device is often enough to fix minor, temporary glitches. Be sure to do this simple troubleshooting step on your own Samsung device. Just press and hold the Power button on your device and tap on Restart. If your phone or tablet is unresponsive or has stopped working, you can press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds to force reboot it. 

Clear SIM toolkit app cache and data.

Some signal problems in Samsung devices are caused by a corrupted cache or data in its SIM card app. Be sure that you clear the SIM Toolkit (maybe renamed to SIMMobilityKit) app’s cache and see what happens. If clearing the app’s cache won’t work, try resetting it to its factory defaults by deleting its data.
To clear app cache and data, follow this post. 

Refresh network configuration.

One of the effective ways to fix any Samsung network problem is by resetting network configuration. If you haven’t tried this yet, you’ll need to consider doing this at this point.  
After doing this procedure, you’ll have to connect to wifi networks again. You’ll also need to connect to your paired Bluetooth devices. 

Update apps and software.

One other simple way to keep bugs at bay is to ensure that apps and Android software is always updated. Make sure that all your apps are running their latest version by checking updates using the Play Store.
You also want to ensure that the software is the latest by checking under Settings>Software update>Download and install.

Manually disconnect from network to fix signal problems on your Samsung.

For some errors, temporarily disconnecting a Samsung device from your network operator is the fix. If you continue to experience No signal or signal problems at this time, make sure that you reset the network settings on your Samsung phone or tablet. Follow the steps in this post on how to do that.

Check for presence of rogue app.

Some network connection problems are due to installed bad third party apps. To check if you’ve added a broken app in your phone or tablet, restart the device to safe mode. In this mode, only preinstalled apps are allowed to run. So, if there’s no network problem when your device is running on safe mode, you can assume that you have a bad app problem. 
Learn how to use Safe Mode to troubleshoot your device in this article.

Clean up the Cache Partition.

If your Samsung phone has an issue connecting to your network or if its network functions stopped working after a software update, consider clearing the cache partition. This will refresh the system cache and hopefully get rid of cache-related issues you’re having. 
To see if you have a bad system cache problem, follow the steps on how to clear the cache partition in this post.

Reset software settings to defaults.

Should the problem remain after doing all the solutions above, you must consider resetting the software to its factory defaults. A factory reset is usually effective in fixing software-related problems so as long as the mai
0 Likes