Original topic:

Initial impressions of A53 from a long term M30s user

(Topic created on: 04-25-2022 12:06 PM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy A
Hi all, Hope everyone is doing great it's been a while since I posted something on members.

I have been using the latest A53 for the last 10 days and I would like to share my expeince with you guys as M series user prospective.

The good

• It feels so light and the texture on the back very nice even thouht it's plastic.

• In hand feel of the device is very good and I like the flat panel and flat sides.

• Buttons are clicky and tactile and you can easily understand that the frame is plastic not metal by touch. 

• Screen quality is top notch and the speaker are adiqutily loud.

• No network issue or call drop. 

• Enjoyed the full flecthed One UI with all the bells and whistles.
  • You have full on Knox , Samsung pay with NFC, support for Good lock modules, Bixby and routines etc (You will have all softtware features of S series except Dex) 

• Pictures comes of the device chrisp and sharp. Im really impressed by the quality of the pictures even in low light.

• With efficnet 5 nanometer SOC the battery life is very good. It will easily last for you one day; may be 2 days for light users.
Meanwhile

• The phone lags. I can see stutters in the UI here and there all time ; which is not good sign. The phone is so choppy when it's on power saving mode. Even my 3 years old M30s doesn't have any lag or stutters on UI. 

• There is significant amount of shutter lag while taking pictures and even launching camera and apps.

• Already got 2 updates and nothing on the performance side improved dramatically. Hope Samsung will fix it via OTA

• The Exynos 1280 is a new SOC and it is not optimized for gaming. I tried playing Genshin Impact with game booster plus plug in with custom setting tuned for maximum FPS. But the game play was terrible max frame rate varied between 25 and 30. So you can imagine what will be the game play on normal setting.

• I'm curious about how Samsung is going to optimize their software for the new Exynos 1280 and how it will fare on long time. (4 Years of software support is best in the industry)
Of note

I have purchased the A53 for 31200 (8gb 128) with bank offer and referral program. 3k instant cash back on card and 1.8 k referral advantage. Even with this offer it feels costly for me but I love the One UI and ceratin features it offers like call recording without announcement, Samsung flow , Samsung pay and longer software support etc. 

Spent 2k on case and screen guard from Spigen.

If you are planning to purchase one you can throw in an exchange and get it below 30k.
Ab_Heartsy
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Are you trying to sell/exchange it here 🤔 😌
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
🤨1650511737486.gif
Ab_Heartsy
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Well I thought the last sentence of ur post was you trying to sell it for exchange here on SM, my bad 😅😂😂🤭
pi4
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Whats ur battery experience on this phone? My battery drops 16% overnight even in safemode
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I'm sorry to hear that. Luckily I'm not facing any such issue. I have turned on auto restart every night and I usually charge the device at night with battery protection turned on ( only charge to 85%)
pi4
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Went to service centre today they just reset the os n asked to observe, I don't see any improvement.
Plus videos in instagram are jittery most of the times, have u faced it?
Same results after multiple factory resets
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Yes, lag and jitteriness are in the UI especially when you use adaptive battery saving mode. Even disabling "limit CPU performance to 70%" the phone feel sluggish. Maybe they will push an OTA in the future and fix it. Let's hope for the best 🌟
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Which M series phone u used?
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
M30s. It's still with me
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Gud